Domineering Pressure

Damn it! How can I not know this? I was too busy wondering where Haibara was at. I need to tell Hattori about this.

Just as Conan was about to take out his phone, it blared. Heiji's name was on the screen. Such a good timing.

"Yo, Kudo. Have you heard about it?"

"Yeah," he stated, "but why?"

"Publicity maybe," Heiji answered, "Kaitou KID's popularity has depleted over the years. My guess is that the old man wants a last duel with the phantom thief before he retires."

"No."

"No?"

"Oji-san was interviewed and said that his intentions were just to collect the treasure. It was KID who challenged him, which is puzzling because normally jewels will attract him," Conan explained.

"Eh, I see..."

"So I have to go-"

"Wait Kudo!" Heiji blurted out.

"What is it?"

"I reconciled with Kazuha-chan already, she's actually in Tokyo now," Heiji said, reluctant to give the information, "she mentioned that she had a catch up with Ran. She did say something about Ran arguing with her husband. I'm not sure, but if you want to console her."

How can I? I doubt she can forgive me.

"Anyway, I have to go now. I still have school. Inform me if there's anything else, alright?" Conan said, before hanging up, without lingering onto the matter regarding Ran.

Forgive me, Ran. I thought you'll be happy with him.

Ai looked at her reflection in the mirror. The image of a 15-year-old girl was gazing back at her, through the strawberry blonde strands of her hair that she inherited from her mother. Then there's the poker face that supposedly should come from her father, serious and cold. Alone in the girl's bathroom, she let a tear cascade down her face.

Everyone knows Haibara Ai -sarcastic, adorable and caring underneath the cold exterior. But Shiho Miyano? An orphaned child that had lost her sister, a girl that spent her abnormal childhood in a syndicate driven to have no choice but to take her life by the poison that she created. But it gave her a brand new life, and she's trying to live despite her dark past. Her heart is merely lost in the bottomless pit of the sea, drowning in the cold, waiting to have warmth. But the heart is beating with good intentions, just all wrapped in the veins of assumptions and being misunderstood.

I'm not even sure what to think. Kudo-kun has been affecting me lately. It's probably the most foolish thing I've done.

"Moping about because you do know you have a lot of rivals, right?" another girl's voice said, in a malicious tone. Phoebe was behind her, staring into Ai's reflection.

"I'm afraid I don't follow your non-sense."

"Should I spell it out for you?" the girl with the chestnut hair walked closer to her, whispering into her ear, "you have eyes on Edogawa Conan." At this, Ai was stunned.

"I don't feel for him that way."

"Don't lie!" she hissed, "I saw you. You stared at him every 20 seconds during our lunch today."

What is this girl up to? Relax, women like Vermouth are much worse. It's just a high school bitch.

Ai regained her composure and gave her trademark smirk, "even so, what are you going to do?"

"We both know very well that we dislike each other," the other girl replied, "but I'd like you to get out of my way. Otherwise, what would innocent little Ayumi would say? She mentioned her old crush on Conan before. She gave up on him because you were much closer to him. She was surely jealous for a moment but you reassured that you didn't like him that way. But you lied."