BOSS?

Heiji watched anxiously as a tiny explosion occurred. To his horror, he watched Conan being hurled to the air as his skateboard malfunctioned.

Baka! So much for trying to be cool!

"Hakase, stop the car. I'm getting out to help Kudo. Call the police and drive away as fast as you could," Heiji instructed to Agasa, his tone being oddly stern. Agasa was in reluctance once more, but knew that they needed to rescue Conan. The professor did as he was told and Heiji got out of the car, carrying a handgun. Being the son of the Chief Police of the Osaka Metropolitan Department and full-time private detective, he had the permission to carry a gun, but was heeded to only use it at dire situations. The requirement to report every time he fires the gun was troublesome anyway.

I really didn't wanna use this. But I guess I have to. I hope I get there in time.

Agasa watched anxiously as the detective disappeared into the smoke from the mirrors in his car.

"You got some guts there, brat," Gin said spitefully as he kicked Conan in the stomach, chuckling darkly to himself at the lousy pun he made. Conan grunted while he rolled over and his spectacles skittered away from him. He was now lying on his back. He squinted his eyes, getting a much clearer view of Gin grinning threateningly at him. Being a sadistic criminal as he was, he had a dilemma between killing off the boy quickly with a shot in the head or kidnap him alive and torture him endlessly, to squeeze out information from him. The desire to hurt and mutilate was over-mastering.

"You won't... Get away with this..." Conan muttered weakly. He studied his surroundings, desperate to find a way out from Gin's grasp.

"Shut up. I'll kill you. But first, there are questions I'd like you to answer," the syndicate member taunted, his gun still pointing at Conan.

Damn it! I can't get up. I gotta stall time and drag my conversation with him or it'll be the end for me. Meanwhile, I have to find something to get away. Think, Shinichi, think!

"Who are you? How much do you know about me?" Gin interrogated.

Conan looked at him, smirking, "don't know."

Gin's face reddened in madness. He was losing his patience.

"Don't talk bullshit-!"

BANG!

Another sound of a gun fired, landing at Gin's gun, disarming him. He shot a glance at Conan, who had his back turned. Unknowingly, Conan was holding his bow-tie close to his lips.

"We've got you surrounded! Surrender now!" Conan said in a much deeper, masculine voice. He imitated other voices, creating the illusion that Gin was truly surrounded by many. Gin, afraid to get caught once more, hesitantly walked away.

"You're lucky, boy. You're an interesting character alright. We'll meet again soon and from then, I'll make sure to send you to the inferno," Gin muttered as his form was swallowed in the smoke.

Conan replied, "sooner than you think."

A few minutes later, Heiji appeared, coughing as the ashes reeked his nostrils. "Man, you got us all scared. Let me pick you up. We'll catch them sometime."

The bespectacled boy said nothing as his friend dragged him out of the scene.

No, Gin. You're the one that got lucky. I'll make sure you get caught. You'll pay for all the lives you've ruined, that includes Haibara for murdering her sister.