Author's Note: The Struggle to Continue

Hello dear readers,

Sorry for the false alarm.

Yes, I am finishing this fiction.

There are 4 weeks left to summer break. I will probably start to work on this fiction.

Though there is something I need to confess.

I really lost the interest for Detective Conan. It seems ironic that I'm still taking my time to write this fiction but here me out why I started to lose interest in it:

1) The series is taking too long. Sure the daily cases are fun. But if this were to focus on the BO plot, it would probably not take over 800 episodes. I'm really getting tired of waiting when I could watch other anime.

2) I kinda hate how there's so many characters in DC right now that are introduced, but do very little to the BO plot. If it is characters like Bourbon, Jodie etc. - that is fine. There is also a lack of character development. Even Conan has been stagnant. I want characters who can grow and change.

3) There's too much romance that it seems forced. Yea, I get that we need ShinRan, and probably other main pairings but... Does every other side character has to have a lovelife?? And it's not like the love stories are different. It's the same old "oh, we know each other since 7 and we like one another, but we haven't told each other even though it is obvious to the whole world". If it is a love story, have variety perhaps? Sato and Takagi and other couples who aren't childhood lovers turn out to be great. And to be frank, childhood lovers stories are a lazy way to portray how a bond between two people develop. It really gives the wrong message of the whole "oh, I knew him since we were kids. So I know him best." That is not true. Let's face it, how often do you have childhood friends? And as childhood friends grow up, they grow apart. You don't get to be in the same school and be with a childhood 24/7. They meet other people, they won't be the same. It is up to the two friends to maintain contact with one another. Another thing is, just because a boy is a childhood friend, it is not the perfect reason to say he is meant for you. I'm not shitting on ShinRan or any other childhood pairings just because I love CoAi, but I cannot stand unrealistic views of childhood friends and lovers. Knowing someone since childhood takes effort to maintain the bond and I cannot tolerate media or any form of stories who take that whole process lightly.

4) The ending. It is so predictable and yet we are never gonna get there. We all know how the ending goes - Shinichi Kudo returning. But I really would hate to think he had left everything behind and thinks nothing happened over the time he is Conan. And worst of all, he lied about his identity. You can argue he keeps it a secret to protect people. Yes, that is a fact. But a lie is still a lie. I would hate to think he just returns without having his identity revealed. Secondly, I cannot stand how Ai would end up. I'm afraid that she might just end up dead or alive but not fully happy. And don't tell me that she would be happy if a new character arrives or Mitsuhiko will end up with her, when Conan has had a large impact on her life. Remember that she lost everything and Conan made her realise that life isn't as dark as it seems. To have her end up with someone else would mean to disregard all those moments they had. And as I can see it, the series is just minimising whatever friendship they had in hopes for people to forget it and focus on the main pairing. I hate it. Like her or not, she changed so much for the better. I don't know what will happen to my favourite pairing or one of my most beloved female characters... But it really sucks to see it go down the drain.

Look. I am not saying Gosho's works are not amazing. The mystery cases are incredible. He can do whatever he wishes with his own manga series anx I really think he's a great writer. I guess I'm just so picky about stuff that I watch. It was the anime that got me into anime but as I watch more, it grew distant from me.

It really is heartbreaking for me to grow distant from that one anime that I used to care so much.

And overall, I had faced pretty much negative responses from anti-CoAi fans or just readers who are generally disatisfied with the way this fiction is going.

It really disheartens me because firstly, I did took the time to write this story out. Secondly, it breaks my heart that the DC fandom still has immature thinking and still goes on over ship wars and stuff. That makes me even more distant from the series itself.

I admit. After reading some HieixBotan fanfics, I realised that the writing could have been better. Despite the positive response and support this fiction has been getting, the writing really could have been better.

All these facts about me getting frustrated and disinterested in the series, but still loving the pairing, coupled with negativity from the fandom... It really makes me unhappy and I struggle to continue this fiction.

BUT I WILL FINISH THIS STORY.

I guess what drives me to complete this is because I would want a written work where CoAi fans would indulge in reading about theit favourite couple. I want a complete CoAi work that is lengthy and has mystery in it. But...I think this would be my last CoAi work. Which is why I'm striving for it to be the best work I have for CoAi.

I really hope you guys understand my feelings. It has been two years since I had stopped following the series. And these worry and unhappiness while writing this fiction had been boiling within me for the past years.

Most of you have been really supportive and I feel like it would be only fair for all of you for me to be honest with my views on it.

My apologies if I had disappointed any readers. But this is what I really truly feel towards writing my own fiction, CoAi and the series itself.

Have a good day,
Numbkid