Golden Blood

"What do you mean there's an issue? She lost a lot of blood, the blood bank should be able to give her some!" Conan shouted angrily at one of the hospital staff. 

"Listen, kid," the nurse said, "it's complicated. We can't just give her a random type."

"Of course I know that, don't take me for an idiot," he snapped back. 

Doctor Tomoaki Araide approached them. He smiled sympathetically, the sadness within them did not go unnoticed, "it's okay, Miss Shiro. I'll handle it from here." 

He continued, "Shin-err... I mean Conan-kun. Are you familiar with 'golden blood'?" 

The detective went numb. "No... Don't tell me that she's-?" 

The doctor nodded. "I'm afraid so. Golden blood has Rh-null, lacking almost all antigens in their red blood cells. They can give their blood to anyone, but no one can donate blood to them unless its the same blood type. There's about less than a hundred in the world and only about 10 active donors in the world. Finding one stored in a blood bank in Japan is..." 

"Damn it!" the boy cursed and slammed his fists against the wall. His world, once more, was rupturing into shreds. 

"No... This can't be... I've..." 

The only one he knew that had that type of blood was the Boss. The Boss was nowhere to be found. Same goes for Vermouth. He sobbed. Ran and the doctor could only watch him with pity. 

"Someone...help.." 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vermouth managed to do the task that the Boss did. She did not fully comprehend him but trusted him enough. The Boss was fickle and appear nonchalant at times, but he was methodological in his ways. It was a strange request to activate bombs over their hideout the moment Williamine walks out of the vicinity. 

The Boss probably knew that Williamine or either one of the other members would be the Judas among them. Perhaps even, wanted the forces of law and justice to arrive at their hideout and ambush them. 

Who knew? The old man's brain was even harder to crack than a Rubik's cube. 

The essential fact is that the criminal organisation was destroyed for good this time, its members (except for her and the Boss) were captured or dead and that she was free - well, from the syndicate. She was still chained by other things. 

Funny though, that she was here in the hospital in a disguise and eavesdropping on them: 

"Shin-err... I mean Conan-kun. Are you familiar with 'golden blood'?"

"No... Don't tell me that she's-?"

"I'm afraid so. Golden blood has Rh-null, lacking almost all antigens in their red blood cells. They can give their blood to anyone, but no one can donate blood to them unless its the same blood type. There's about less than a hundred in the world and only about 10 active donors in the world. Finding one stored in a blood bank in Japan is..."

"Damn it!" 

"No... This can't be... I've..."

"Someone...help.." 

The last sentence held a note of pleading. True, she could not care less for Sherry. Given that what her father's experiments had done to her and former old' Whisky. Yet, there was the sight of Ran's crying and Conan's helplessness that had her ache in the chest.