Angel

A/N: I know lots of you want to know more about Gin, but Gin's backstory will be much later on. Here's Vermouth's first

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vermouth still remembered the woman she was.

Or rather, how she finally remembered. It was back then when she still worked under the former Boss. Back when Whisky had not yet dethroned the original Boss. 

The woman, before she was known Vermouth, was a former private investigator and grew up in a broken family...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Will you please solve it for me?" her step-father pleaded.

Wanting to reconcile with her estranged mother, she nodded in agreement. She was also a widow, trying to raise her only daughter. The prize that her soon-to-be step-father was also attractive, given to her current financial situation. 

Being the brilliant woman she was, she was able to locate the mysterious "drug dealer" in the midst of a strange transaction that took place in Japan single-handedly. But being a lone private investigator, the downside of this was that she lacked the presence of a back-up. Thus when the criminals had noticed her presence, the platinum blonde had a difficult time getting away from them. 

She immediately hopped onto her vehicle, in hopes of losing them. Yet, the ebony car was determined to give a chase. Having faith in her skilled driving, she led them to Mount Haruna, which was notorious for its dangerous roadway. The roadways were curved narrowly, such that it required one to successfully manoeuvre the car in hairpin turns. 

As determined as she was, she operated the car such that it would drift smoothly along the roadway. She momentarily looked back using her rear-view mirror, and to her surprise, the ebony car was still close behind her. 

Panicked, she slammed the gas pedal in order to speed up - probably the biggest mistake of her life. Unable to control the momentum of the car, it skidded nearly to the edge of the mountain, where she attempted to halt it by stepping on the brakes as hard as she could. The car tires made a loud screeching noise, rubbing against the ground. It did manage to slow down the car, but it was not enough to make it stop - her vehicle, along with her, stumbled off the roadway, rolling off the mountainside and disappearing into the forested area. The vehicle finally stopped when a large tree collided with it, knocking her unconscious. 

Two figures wearing black suits stepped out of the ebony car, dialling up a number that sounded like the "7 children" song. 

When the platinum blonde woke up in the hospital, she was void of any memories - not knowing her real name, her personal background... nothing. In all, she was the perfect human weaponry a syndicate could use. 

They named her Sharon Vineyard. 

Or rather known as Vermouth. 

In the public's eye, she adopted the name "Sharon Vineyard", a talented actress and a friend of Kudo Yukiko. But in the night, she was Vermouth - a ruthless syndicate member, a master of disguise and the Boss's favourite (or perhaps now, the former Boss's favourite). 

Life was funny for her. While she was known for being an actress and played the "Golden Apple" so beautifully well, she was also living in an act. She was a controlled doll of a syndicate, with no memory of her own and pretending to be an actress - an act of an act. 

A rotten apple that she painted with gold. 

Truly, Shakespeare says that "All the world's a stage, and all the men and women are merely its players"