Darkest Shadow

"Mitsuhiko! Describe the person who is following us!" Conan screamed into the Detective Badge.

"It was a man dressed in all black but he's gone, but I think we gotta get out of here!" Mitsuhiko answered nervously. Conan's heart was on his throat the moment Mitsuhiko mentioned about a man donned in all ebony.

Damn it! It could be them lurking about.

"Oi, Kudo!-"

"Hattori! I'll leave the case to you!" he called out to Heiji as he dashed out of the hotel, leaving Heiji dumbfounded.

He sped towards the rented vehicle and pulled the door open. Inside of it was an anxious freckled boy.

"Where did they go?"

"I...don't know..."

"Damn it!" Conan cursed, gripping his hair in frustration.

Every time they are around, they are always a second away from me catching them. And to think the FBI had already raided their hideout 5 years ago, only to know that a few big guns like Gin, Vermouth and the goddamn boss weren't even in the hideout to begin with!

"You know tantei-san, secrets are bound to be cracked open," a female voice piped up, making Conan jumped a little.

Here we go again.

"Haibara, it's not-"

"I know, I know," Ai cut him off, "you don't want to let me know because we simply don't trust each other."

Conan opened his mouth to speak, but Ai glided past him and strapped on her seatbelt. Conan, without retaliation, decided to call up Heiji instead.

"Hattori," he communicated through his phone, "there was someone following us, so I'd figure we should go home."

"Ku- I mean kid, it's not wise to go back with that car. I'd send it back to the rental place. Go and take the kids to the station via the hotel's underground park," Heiji answered.

"Will you be alright?" Conan asked.

"I'll be fine. I don't think they want me, but her. Even if they come after me, I'll find a way. I'll stick by with Cisson's case and update you," the Detective of the West reassured.

"Alright. See you soon."

Damn it, Hattori's right. They might place some tracker or they may be lurking about. Wait, I know.

Conan pressed a few buttons on his mobile phone.

"Jodie-sensei!" Conan greeted, through the device, "I need a disguise for me, Haibara and a friend. I'll explain later. Meet you in a basement carpark at the Beika Hotel."

"Alright."

"So? That's your biggest plan? Just dressing up and hoping they don't return," Ai questioned, voice soft as a cotton pillow, but the diction was of a different spectrum.

Conan clicked his tongue in irritation as he walked through the carpark.

"I suppose you'd come with a better plan?" Conan turned, retaliating this time.

"Why couldn't we hop onto Jodie's car again?" she fought back.

"They might have already known her, Haibara. And they'd likely notice that we're not returning to the car so they'd predict we'd asked to be picked up," Conan explained, still the exasperated tone lingering in his answer, "so by reverse psychology, they won't think we're taking public transport but that's the option we'll take."

"Well said, Edogawa-kun," Ai said sardonically and clapped, but he sensed that she hated to lose.

"Why? Can't trust me anymore?" Conan piped up once more.
Ai could only shrug in response, but followed him anyway. Mitsuhiko was close behind.