No Jade

"So I reckon Conan's still having a conversation with the Boss. His room is in this isolated circular building - like you know, one of those towers you see in fables. It's the one on the side of a waterfall. The woman held captive is inside the main building-" 

"You sure? If you're lying, I will-" 

The boy with silver hair glared. Williamine's purple orbs showed lethal danger, he retorted, "I'm not. Why would I lie?"

"And what about their well-being? Are the detective boy and the female agent alright?" 

"Conan's been battered up by Gin, but I supposed the Boss wanted him to get cleaned up. From the looks of it, I doubt the Boss will want to kill Conan. Either not yet or not ever, I think. As for the woman... They-" 

"Spill it. Is she okay? Is she alive?" Akai pressed on. 

"She is, but not- not in the way you wanted her to be. Gin- he... He did something bad to her! There was blood- she was not moving, even if she was breathing. Not because she couldn't but she just- just froze! Staring into nothingness... And her clothes- they were ripped over! Oh God... It was- I shouldn't have walked in that room!" he let out a cry and whimpered, resembling an injured puppy. 

Akai's world remained still. He couldn't have heard the boy right. 

"Get me out of here... Get them out of there... That place - it's hell-" 

"Of course," Akai said, plastering a calm outward appearance, patting the boy on the left shoulder, "you're 15 and in the eyes of the law, you're a minor. Even if you had killed someone, it seems that you were trained to. I don't really know how guilty you are, the fact that they left you with no choice. We'll likely put you in a rehabilitation programme and strict probation, I'm uncertain about the other things. Perhaps if you behave, we'll get you for an adoption. Surely there might be some officers who had always wanted kids, I can't really promise but we can try to arrange that-"

"Adoption-?"

"Yeah, until you're old enough to be independent-" 

"Like...a family-?" 

Akai nodded. Purple orbs lit up with hope. 

"So just stay here. One of my men will get you to a location far away from here. Things are gonna get brutal, so don't play hero," Akai warned and turned to leave, with a sniper in hand. 

"Uhm..."

"Out with it-" 

The boy shuffled about, kicking a small pebble nearby, "there's this girl about my age. She's completely brainwashed. I doubt she even knows what is right or wrong. I don't really like her, but she's unaware of what she is doing - and that itself is pitiful and pathetic. I think she needs help. Just- just don't hurt her okay?" 

Akai gave a wave of acknowledgement as he walked out. On the exterior, he was the ever-confident agent. Yet... on the inside... he knew what a blunder he was: he was too late for Jodie. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Your friends have come to fetch you-" 

No- they weren't done talking!

Funny. Conan wanted to escape, but now that help did come... He needed to prolong the conversation. 

He had a point to prove.  

Shaking his head, "We are the same coin... We both were enchanted by Holmes' adventures, wanted to be like him, saw the downsides of being one. But no... we're not the same. We're on different sides of it."