Chapter 67

Chapter 67 (unedited)

"Are you sure Doctor?" Emraan asked the doctor again.

He scans the report in his hand repeatedly, reading every words one by one. A big grin plastered on his face. He grabbed Sofi hand and puts it on his lap, squeezing it hard.

This morning, he woke up to the sound of Sofi emptying her stomach in the bathroom. As he opens his eyes slowly, he heard the sound again. Pushing the cover from his body, he ran towards the bathroom only to find her hunching near the toilet bowl. Streams of tear on her face.

Two things that he feared, one of it is the sound of people vomiting. As is a chain reaction, he can feel almost gagged up, his bile rising. He must somehow, overcome his fear now; as the one is vomiting her gut out is his wife, Sofi not just some stranger. Averting his gaze from the toilet bowl, he scooped her up and lay her down on the bed.

Sofi curled herself on the bed, into a ball, covering her face with her hand. Her eyes close, shut and her body trembling, weak. Emraan did notice last night that she didn't eat anything, except for the small bite of cake he offered her.

His hand caresses her hand and she groaned. Creases formed on his head, as if his every touch caused her pain as she flinched whenever he touch her.

Slowly, he retreats his step towards the bathroom, cleaning the bathroom as fast as he could and opening the tap on the bathtub, filing it up with hot water.

As the water filling up the tub, he peels of her clothes one by one. She hissed again.

"Sweetie, where does it hurt,?" he caresses her arm.

"All, head,..." she whimpered in pain again.

This is the first time he saw her like this, in pain. Putting his arm below her arm and another below her knee, he scoops her up and takes her to the bathroom. Carefully, he puts her down inside the warm water. She hisses again as the water touches her body. Filling up a small bucket with water, he puts the water and her head and massages her head and then downwards to her shoulder.

She smiles at him as her eyes opens slowly. He then kneeled down on the floor, staring direct into her eyes.

"Feeling better,?" he inquired, planting a kiss on her forehead.

After showering himself and pleading with Sofi that she needs to get herself checked, he drives to the nearest clinic nearby their house.

Now, he is still sitting in front of the doctor almost not believing what the report says. They have to wait almost three hours for the report to come out.

"Yes, Mr. Emraan. Your wife is pregnant. The report confirms it." Dr. Maria paused. Her gaze shifted to Sofi. "Mrs Emraan, the report also states that your HB is on the lower range and you have inform me that you have thalassemia traits, meaning carrier, so you have to be careful," Dr. Maria rested her elbow on the table.

"Is there something that we should worry?" Sofi asked, worried contorted her face.

"No, as Mr. Emraan told us that he is clear, not even a carrier, but you have to eat healthy food, take the vitamin as prescribed and-," Dr. Maria eyes falls on her computer. She typed something and when she raised her head, "we meet again next month on the 28th,"

It was their good luck that the clinic they went was a family clinic and Dr. Maria is a gynecologist. Emraan walks out with Sofi trailing behind him. His steps feel lighter and he hopes that there is wing attached to his back so that he can fly with her, soaring up to the sky. Smile crept on his face. His eyes glow brightly as the news of Sofi pregnancy sounds so real now. Everything falling on right place and its going to be all right now, he thinks.

Sofi beamed with happiness as Louis drives them away from the clinic.

The car stopped in front of a jewellery store. Sofi looks at Emraan as if questioning him.

Two tall and big men guarding the door open the door of the shop and welcome them in. Emraan is giggling, unmanly like. Tears streamed down from his half-closed eyes. When he opens his eyes, his blue eyes looks back at her, dreamy like.

Biting her lower lip, she asked him, "Why are we here?"

Resting his forehead on hers, his hand on his back he answered, "I'm giving you a present, just buy what you want,"

Sofi eyes widened, "Em," she is speechless. The news of her pregnancy already landed her on the seventh sky and now Emraan wants to buy her present.

The promoter shows them sets by sets of jewelry, nothing entice her. One simple design of necklace with white gold attracted her. Emraan gaze follows her as she stands up and asks the promoter to show her the set.

He stands up and follows behind her. Taking out the necklace from its case, he puts it around her neck.

"You are giving me the best present ever, this is a small gesture of thank you from me," his hand falls on her flat stomach.