Chapter 20

Chapter 20 (unedited)

Finally the day has arrived. What day? My nikaah day.

Last week I attended Emraan's hotel's grand opening. Coming there after the crash, brings back the memory of Adhan betrayal. I stayed calm during the party. Walking with Emraan side by side.

Emraan's mum, Delilah was there too but she tried avoiding me. Good I thought. It will be an awkward moment and awkward conversation. My cheek was very tired, smiling at every person whom Emraan introduced to me. The sweetest memory of that night was when; Emraan asked me, his fiancée to cut the ribbon signaling the hotel is open to public. When I asked him why, his answer was simple

"You was this hotel first guest, so the honor should be yours"

Emraan has changed since the incident in the elevator. Not much, but yes, I am getting comfortable with him. He doesn't talk much, but still he will try to strike small chat with me whenever possible. I moved back to my mum house the day after coming back from New York. Danny comes with me too. I'm getting used to Danny and Sameer to. Both of them are like brothers to me now. Louis, like a father.

"Earth to Sofi... Earth to Sofi" Aireen's finger snapping in front of me, snapping back to present.

"Don't you find it weird, getting married on the same day you planned to get married to....asshole" Aireen asked while looking at her reflection on the mirror.

"It is the best, kill two bird with a stone" I answered. A makeup artist is powdering my face.

"How?" Aireen asked looking directly at me. I couldn't look at her as the makeup artist asked me to close my eyes

"First, save cost" I can hear Aireen chuckles.

"Second, this is the best way for me to really forgets him and maybe gives Emraan a chance"

"What? Are you serious?" she asked, sitting near me almost whispering.

I nod. Too embarrass to speak.

"I'll talk to you later Aireen, I promise"

The makeup took almost an hour and later, Aireen and the makeup artist help me into my wedding dress. My wedding dress is a blue body hugging dress with sequins and Swarovski stone embellished on it. On the side there is a skirt like drape with a matching hijab and finished with a crown on top. The makeup looks natural on me. In order to match Emraan's height I have to wear high heeled shoe today.

Aireen whistles made me blush. She and Alana is my bridesmaid today. Both of them are wearing floor length blush pink lace dress, sequins on waist.

The nikkan and walimah will be done at my mum place as we planned earlier.

The nikah is at the living room at walimah at the garden behind my house. I prefer outdoor or garden wedding. Emraan agreed to this as both of us don't have much time to plan it. He will have another reception once we feel more relaxed.

"Breath in and breath out sis" Aireen said while rubbing my back.

Alana stands on my left and she opens the door. We will stay in my room. Emraan will come in the room later to put the wedding ring. The imam is talking about husband and wife rights and responsibility. The term that I stated to Emraan playing in my mind. My father's brother will be my wali today (guardian, the person legally to hand me over to my husband.)

"Sofi, Alhamdulillah, you are legally married to Emraan now"

"Alhamdulillah" I said.

I can only hear the imam asking two witness from my side and also witness from Emraan side to sign on the marriage certificate.

Emraan knocked on the door and he asked permissions to come in. both of staring at each other. He looked handsome in his black tuxedo and blue shirt underneath. He stands frozen at the door, looking at me with awe. Rayhan nudged his rib. Then only he walks in the room with Del, his mum on the side. Rayhan winked at me. I gave them a weak smile. A shy smile actually. I put forward my left hand and he slids in the wedding ring. It is a gold ring with a single big princess cut diamond. Aireen opens the purple velvet box, and I took the white gold ring with infinity design on the side for him and slides on his finger. I bend down and kissed his hand. The photographer came in and asks him to kiss my cheek and my forehead. I can feel his trembling finger touching my chin, holding it up when he kissed my cheek and my forehead. Its official now, I'm his wife and he is my husband.

Then both of us were left at the mercy of the photographer. The best wedding photographer it seemed.

"smile"

"hold hand"

"tilt you head left"

"Put your head on his chest"

Oh! I can eat his head if it is not my wedding day. My stomach knot and butterflies came together when he asked us to turn at look at each other, while holding our hand and look at each other lovingly. Oh! My.

When he finally took the picture, our stomach grumbles, signaling that both of us are hungry. Holding hands, both of us laugh together, embarrassed. Without our knowledge the photographer took the picture and mumbled softly.

"Best picture of the day" 

--------------------------------------------

finally they are married. how long will they take to confess their feeling to each other?

i don't know. hahahaha

they will learn in the process, love doesn't come easily and by marrying someone, as for me, being married to my husband is not the destination of my love. it is just a new journey that both of us take together hand in hand, learn new things, trials and challenges that comes with it. 

means by being a husband or wife, you show your love to your partner in different way

how?.. by fulfilling your responsibility.. 

sorry for the delay, yesterday was my birthday and today im having tooth aches but i promised myself that i will updates regularly,

so this is the update,

please dont forget to vote and comment. 

lastly this chapter is for you GL_Fern for voting and such a lovely comment