Chapter 48

Chapter 48 (unedited)

One month has passed since the last time I saw Sofi. Neither Alana nor Aireen make any contact to Sofi. Sofi number seems to be inactive right now. Alana however raises suspicion when she always makes calls to Sydney. Danny tried to call that number; a woman named Beth answers it and told him it belongs to her café somewhere in Sydney. Aireen and Alana however contact each other quite frequently. Sighing, my mind went to other issue in hand, the fire at my hotel.

After the fire incident in Langkawi, I have to tap my managerial employee. Until now, there is no leak or clue from the CCTV. One clue came out yesterday from the housekeeping department. Two days before the fire broke out; they had employed two new handymen. The mistake was only done by the HR department where they didn't request for picture from the new employee. The two handymen went missing after the fire.

My suspect falls only on one person, my uncle. Even the private investigator I hired raised the same suspicion. One week before the fire at the hotel, he withdrew a huge amount of cash. That raised red flag for me but it couldn't prove anything.

The ringing sound of my phone brought me back to reality.

"Yes, Brian tell me?"

"Sir, Mr. Saddique is at the bank withdrawing a large sum of money again" Brian, my PI reported. His report piqued my curiosity. He is surely planning something.

"Okay, anything more?" I asked.

"I saw him with a man yesterday, but I couldn't see the man face" he paused. "They were discussing something in a very suspicious manner, keep on looking around while discussing"

"hmmph, hopefully you have emailed me the pictures?"

"Yes, sir. I have email Mr. Saddique call record too" he ended the call.

What is my uncle cooking behind me right now?

"Sameer, instruct Danny to follow Alana, she definitely know something about Sofi" I instructed Sameer. He nodded.

"Louis, take me home".

Once the car stopped at the driveway, i saw rose standing at the door. She misses Sofi too. Rose loves her as her own daughter.

Remembering Brian's conversation a few moments ago, I marched towards Sofi's office. Sitting down on the chair, I opened the laptop.

After signing into my email, I checked Brian's email which consists of picture taken by him for the past one week. Brian was right; the man seated in front of uncle Saddique couldn't be seen because he hides his face with his hat.

Checking the second email from Brian, he saw Saddique's calls record. Brian had highlighted few numbers which appears quite frequently on the list for the past few months. He ended the list with the numbers and names of the owner. One name caught his attention. One number belongs to Adhan. Tracing back the number, he noticed that the number started appearing before his marriage to Sofi. Something ticked in his mind.

Taking his phone out from his pocket, he dialed Rayhan's number. Feet tapping on the floor, he waited anxiously for Rayhan to answer the call. He didn't greet Rayhan once the call answered.

"Rayhan, I need you to find a file for me" barking the instruction on the phone. Lucky for me, Rayhan right now is in the Johor's hotel where the specific file located.

"Got it bro, tell me what you want?" Rayhan inquired.

"Tell me the date on the newspaper clippings" I replied.

After noting down the date on a notepad, I thanked a puzzled Rayhan. I will tell him when I manage to settle this puzzle. My eyes widened at the connection I made. I know Adhan was behind the newspaper lead few month back. Sofi told me that he threatens her. I suspected my uncle, but at that time both me and Rayhan couldn't make the connection between them.

It was beyond my wildest imagination that my uncle could contact Adhan and partner up with him to bring me down. Somehow now, I suspected that he is also behind Mikayla running away on our wedding day. The realization of this new piece of information hit me hard until I slumped down on the floor.

Wonder what will happen if Sofi is still here? I will show her that her curse is nonsense as it is. All these incidents bound to happen in my life with or without her.

"Wish you are here sweet cupcake" I mumbled under my breath.

A plan formed in my mind. Without much thinking, I called Rayhan first and then Brian.

------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

yeay double update today.

i might not be free till monday but i'll try to update if i can but if i cant please forgive me . hopefully with these two chapter , im forgiven. hehehe.

take care and i love you all