Chapter 64

Chapter 64 (unedited)

4 months later.

"Sofi, I need to go,"

"Then, just go!" she said gritting her teeth.

Sofi was combing her hair when the call came in. Emraan just came out from the shower when his phone rings.

"Yes,"

"What?"

"I will be there by this afternoon.,"

That is all Sofi can hear as Emraan ended the call.

His body still wet from the shower, with water dripping from his hair. With only white fluffy towel around his body, he walks towards Sofi.

"Sofi, please understand," Emraan wrapped his arm around her waist. He looks at the mirror, where their gaze met.

"Today was supposed to be special, extraaa special. I have plan out everything for your birthday," Sofi gasped as she blurted out the surprise in anger.

Emraan turned her body around, "So that's the reason my sweet cupcake turned into this wild cat,"

"Yeah, surprise!... Happy birthday to my darling husband...,"she greeted him sarcastically.

"Wow!... my angry wife wishes me happy birthday, unique wish huh" he nuzzled his nose at her neck.

"Yeah.. I have prepared for this day, and you just blow it away...," she pouted.

"Thank you my sweet cupcake,.. I can postpone the meeting," he looks at her adoringly

"No, it's okay, we can have it when you come back," she caressed his chest

"That's the reason I love you so much," he said planting a kiss on her cheek.

"Yeah, yeah," She giggled.

Mum was right, patching up after a quarrel is the sweetest moment.

They walk down the stairs hand in hand. She was planning a surprise birthday party for him but his sudden news that he needs to go to Australia almost spoils her mood. As they dig into their breakfast, they chatted happily about the things happening in their lives.

"I can't believe Ethan and Alana getting engaged this week," Emraan laughed bitterly

"Yeah, they are always ready to slash each other throat, but now they are madly in love," Sofi smiles. The memory of Ethan and Alana screaming at each at at any given moment flooded her memory. True, loves happens when you least expect it.

After finishing their breakfast, Emraan walks toward his car, which is parked outside. He need to finalize the deal of opening a new hotel in Australia fast, as there is another competitor ready to grab it away from his hand.

Caressing her hand, he speaks softly, "Take care and miss me," he winks.

Sofi planted a chaste kiss on his cheek. She smiles as he opens the door of the black BMW and waves her goodbye before sliding in.

She waved him goodbye as the BMW leaves. She walks inside when suddenly she feels the world around her spins, 360 degree. She leaned against the door when the spinning didn't stop. She tries to walk again, and relieved when the spinning ceased.

Sofi never return to Mr. Kim firm. She felt that she was using his kindness as she keeps on coming and going away from the firm. It was unprofessional of her. She still helps them. They will ask her to complete a job on a part time basis.

She sighed as she entered her small office. She holds her head as the spinning started again, this time with a terrible headache. She never experiences this before. Rose was walking towards her when suddenly Sofi slumped down on the floor. Sofi rested her head between her thighs.

"Sofi, are you okay?" Rose asked her as her hand touches sofi arm.

"My head!" Sofi groaned.

A few moments later, rose came back with a glass of water and medicine in her hand. Sofi gulped down the water and the medicine immediately. Rose sat down with her while massaging her head. After a few minutes, the pain subsides as the medicines starts working.

Sofi walks upstairs as she felt better.

"Rose, please don't tell Emraan. He is on the way to Australia. He will worry for me and you know him,"

Rose chuckled. She nodded a while later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

A soft knock on the door wakes her up. Her hand checked the time on her phone.

Gosh, its nearly afternoon

Opening the door, sofi saw the worried face of Rose.

"I'm better after the sleep," She assured her.

"You want me to bring the food up?" Rose asked.

Sofi shakes her head "I'll come down in a minute,"

After washing her face, she walks downstairs to the kitchen. As her steps reaching down, her phone vibrated in her grip.

I have landed. Wish me luck-Emraan

Good luck Mr. Hottie-Sofi

Rose was standing near the kitchen as Sofi took the seat near the kitchen island. She hated eating alone, so she asked Rose to eat with her. She prepared chicken rice today, something that she requested yesterday.

Sofi eats the food slowly. Something is wrong with the food maybe, but she is not going to complain. The food taste bland. Flat, like there is no enough salt. Rose is a good cook. Her food is always awesome. Something is different today. Shrugging her shoulder, Sofi just keep on eating but she couldn't finish it. Rose looks at her, questioning her.

"The food is nice, but I have lost my appetite," Sofi answered, pushing the plate away.

This is awkward, sofi told herself. The last two days, she felt tired easily, even today. She was asleep half of the day but still, she feels tired. Secondly, the spinning and now losing her appetite. She must be tired because she was busy preparing for Emraan surprise birthday party, which have to be postponed. She must not let Emraan know; once he knows then it will be chaos. He will make sure she got herself checked.

Later that night she received another message from him,

I'll be home tomorrow night. Surprise me the next day.

Sofi smiles to herself. Yes! Finally she can arrange the surprise birthday party.

Sofi wakes up next morning with terrible headache. She has anticipated the pain; hence, she prepared the medicine on her table with water last night. Gulping down the panadol, she rested her head against the headboard. After a few moments, the pain subsides and she makes her way to the bathroom.

Stress may have caused the pain, she thought. After a long and refreshing shower, she changed into a blue short-sleeved knee length dress. The morning spent in her small office, as she tries to finish Alana's job.

At about 12 noon, Rose came in informing her that she has a guest. Rose won't reveal who as she said the guest requested her so. Sofi changed her clothes to a long black abaya with a gold scarf covering her head.