Chapter 59

Chapter 59 (unedited)

Emraan added few more woods into the fire and poked it with a long stick. The colors were brilliant red, orange and yellow. The intensity of the light was as if they were dancing under the moonlight. Crackling sound of the fire and the sparks of fire flying up and die falling down like a fallen star unnoticed.

Sofi turns her attention her attention to the fire, blowing slowly into ashes. She then shifted her gaze to front. Her chin rested on her knee, she couldn't see the sea, but the sound of the waves lapping back and forth to the shore almost musical to her ear.

"Em, can we play truth or dare?" Sofi asked, crossing her leg.

"Wow, good... what if I dare you to kiss me then?" Emraan asked impishly.

"Then, I choose truth... anyway... no kissing dare" Sofi protested.

"Okay, truth and no kissing dare" he said sarcastically.

The first round, both of them choose the truth asking each other favorite color. The question was rather simple such as favorite food, best friends and their dislikes.

"Now Em, truth or dare?" Sofi asked.

"Dare," he replied confidently.

"Confident, are we?" Sofi narrowed her eyes, while her mind racing thinking of a dare. She saw an old woman walking towards them, with a walking stick in her hand.

"You see that woman," her finger pointing at the old woman. Emraan nods his head.

"Tell that woman that you love her" Sofi state her dare. She smiles to herself, picturing the image of Emraan beaten with the stick.

Emraan looks at her with his eye wide, shaking his head.

"You choose dare right? Or tell the truth about the most embarrassing moment in your live" Sofi threatens him.

Emraan couldn't tell her that truth. Putting both his hand up, he surrenders himself. Slowly, he walks towards the old woman, planning the right act so that he will escape the beatings. His face brightens when the right plan formulated in his head.

"Do you need help, Madam?" he asked politely.

"No, young man, I'm good" The old woman answered.

Emraan plays with his finger, fidgeting. "You know Madam, my wife is upset with me.." he said, faking a sad face.

"Why are you telling me, go and coax your wife, buy her flower.." She said.

"No, madam... she requested me to tell any elderly woman here that I love them, to earn her forgiveness... so I'm here to tell you that.. I love you"

The old woman gasped, then he patted his shoulder, "take me to your wife, I will help you"

Emraan eyes lights up. His plan worked.

He helped that old woman walks to where Sofi sitting. Sofi who was expecting Emraan to be beaten by that old woman shocked to find him with her.

"Forgive him darling," the old woman said, putting Emraan hand on top of Sofi hand.

Sofi gaze fixed on the old woman eyes, confused.

"Forgive him for what madam?" She asked clearly confused of the situation.

"For whatever reason,..." the old woman, Elise said. Her hand trembles, showing her age.

"My sight might be bad, but my sense is good."Elise paused. She patted their hand. "This man loves you so much" her sight falls on Emraan. "Take care of each other, till death do you part... both of you look lovely together" She said before parting her way. Elise walks away with her stick.