Chapter 52

Chapter 52 (unedited)

Sofi paced her small room. Clothes of different colors piled up on her bed. She never felt any need to impress anyone before. Today, oddly she wants to her husband. Not only odd but weird as well, because it's actually Ahmad who invited her to the dinner, not Emraan. With only towel covering her body, she puts the clothes one by one on her body and look back at her reflection on the mirror.

Finally, she made up her mind. Tonight she is going to wear the skinny jeans with a short sleeves denim blouse and cover it up with a leather jacket. Covering her face with light make up, she finished her look with a white and blue stripped scarf.

With only few minutes to eight, Sofi took out her blue sneakers and walk her way out of the small studio room. Realizing that she is late, Sofi jogs to Beth's Café. She can make out Ahmad figure from far but not Emraan or that woman.

"Sorry, I'm late" Sofi exclaimed.

"Never mind my lady..." Ahmad whistles. "If you are dressing to kill me, you already had" Ahmad winked his eyes.

Sofi feels her cheek burned, as she turned scarlet in blush.

Sofi slides in the car and closes the door.

"Harbor Bridge Joey" Ahmad instructed his driver.

Today, she felt like dressing for the occasion unlike yesterday. Ahmad spotted casual look with his ragged jeans and blue anchor image t-shirt.

"You doesn't look bad yourself," Sofi compliment.

"What are we doing in Harbor Bridge?" Sofi asked after a few moments of silence.

"We are going to have dinner under the Harbor Bridge. Emraan and Belinda are already there with our food and also hopefully they got a nice spot for us," Ahmad explained.

"Belinda?" Sofi asked again

"Yes, that woman you saw at the café.. she is Emraan's-,"

Ahmad stopped mid-sentence as his driver pulled the car to the side and opens the door on Sofi's side.

"She is Emraan's girlfriend or mistress." Sofi finishes the sentence in her heart.

They walked a few minutes along the pavement before they saw a shadow of two people waving at them. Ahmad hand grabs her and they almost jogged the short distance. Standing in front of her is the man who her heart craved and missed so much. The sight of his arm thrown over Belinda shoulder burned her eyes with a sting at the corner of her eyes.

There is a loud crash and cracking sound of her heart fall on the pavement near Emraan feet. Only she can hear that, nobody can.

What you expect? Him waiting for you when you are the one who left him.

"Hi Mr. Emraan and Ms. Belinda" Sofi greeted them half-heartedly.

Her eyes studied Belinda who is wearing a red blouse with leather pants paired with an ankle boot. Her gaze falls on Emraan who is wearing a red t-shirt paired with a ripped jeans.

"You look nice but not as nice as my Belinda here," Emraan said winking at Belinda.

Sofi felt like her effort to charm him wasted, gone into the drain.

"Ahmad didn't tell me what to buy for you so, will you be okay with this?" Emraan shows her quite a large burger.

Taking it from him, Sofi felt a tingle straight down her spine when his finger brushes against her slowly. "Thank you".