Chapter 46

Chapter 46 (unedited)

Sofi looks simple with her blue jeans and white top with black knee length jacket. Looking at herself on the mirror, she smiles. Finishing her look with a simple red lipstick and a pink scarf, she locks her room.

Walking towards Beth's café she spotted Ahmad leaning on the lamp post. The lamp light showers his face. He looks handsome with his three piece grey suite.

"Sorry, you want me to change?" Sofi asked feeling underdressed.

"No, It's okay. I've just on my way back from a meeting" Ahmad explained.

A white BWM convertible stops near them. The driver came out and passes the key to Ahmad.

"You can leave now Joe" Ahmad smiles at the driver. Opening the door, Ahmad gestures Sofi to seat. Walking to the other side, Ahmad ignites the car. Pressing a button, the car roof closes.

Soft music comes out from the car stereo. Ahmad drives the car through the traffic weaving in and out of the traffic. After a few turns, the car stopped in front of a restaurant. A big and gold signboard reads 'Red Palace'. This is one of the famous restaurants in Sydney that served halal food. A waiter dressed in red uniform opens the door and greeted them. Another waiter with red top and white skirt showed their table.

"Your order Sir?" the waitress asked, flashing her smile. The waitress left them after taking their order.

Looking around, Sofi whispered to Ahmad, "This place is awesome, I like the atmosphere here"

The restaurant walls adorned with Middle East art collections and decorations.

"Thank you, I see you are impressed" Ahmad bowed his head.

Her brow furrowed. Her fingers pointing the whole place, making a complete circle, "You own this?"

Ahmad nodded.

Sofi's mouth opens and her eyes widened. Blinking her eyes, "you look so simple" pointing her finger at Ahmad.

Ahmad laughed. Rubbing his chin, he speaks, "No woman calls me simple Sofi".

"But, you always come to the café with plain clothes" Sofi stops when the waitress brings their food.

"We can talk later, enjoy your food now"

The food was delicious. It really represents the whole Middle East food. They talk and laugh occasionally while having their food.

"So, you have breakfast first at Beth's Café then only you start your day?" Sofi inquired. Her elbow rested on the table.

"Yup, the food there is nice and there is one pretty waitress there" Ahmad answered jokingly.

"Ahmad, told you...I'm married" Sofi shows her ring again.

"But where is your husband?" He asked. His eyes narrowed on her.

"It's complicated" Sofi replied. Smiling she answers, "But I still love him, so... friends?" Sofi squints her eyes, offering her hand to Ahmad.

Hesitantly, Ahmad shakes her hand, "Friend than, better than nothing"

Sofi was laughing at Ahmad jokes when he waved to someone behind her. "Let me introduce you to someone," grabbing her hand, Ahmad pulls her up. Shaking her head Sofi pulls her hand away from Ahmad hand. "It's already late Ahmad, can you send me back home now."

Ahmad nodded, "Okay, but let me introduce you to him first"

Sighing, Sofi gestured him to move forward. Ahmad walks forward, holding Sofi hand in his. Walking between the tables, Sofi cranes her neck, trying to look at the man that Ahmad eagerly wants to introduce to her. Only his back is visible to her. Once they reached the man table, Ahmad tapped that man shoulder calling out his name, "Emraan"