{Poly!HamilSquad} Family Troubles (31)

Start from the beginning

"I don't think you're so sure, John," Hercules spoke again. "That conversation you were having with your father seemed quite important. Care to explain?"

"Hercules, that is enough!" Lafayette stood from his seat, the whole table shaking at the sudden movement. "That is none of our business."

"It is now," Hercules found my eyes that started to water. I stood up and excused myself from the table without another word. I went to my room and shut the door very gently. I sighed and went to my bed, laying down very slowly.

I heard a quiet knock at the door, but I didn't reply to the knock.  "John?" A quiet voice echoed through the room.  "John, can I come in?"

"Leave me alone, please," my voice was muffled because of my bed. I let my arms stay beside my body as I laid face down on my bed that was a mess of pillows and blankets.

"John," a gentle hand on my back made me jump. "John, it's just me."

"Alex, please," I begged, moving my head so I was facing away from the man who looked at me.

"I'm just worried for you," the Caribbean male spoke. "You are never usually this secretive."

"It's none of anyone's business," I sat up abruptly. "Especially not Hercules'."

"He isn't in the room, baby," Alex sat down on my bed, his hand finding mine. "It's just you and me. And you don't have to speak if you don't want to. I just want to know if you're okay."

Alex's soothing voice made me hesitate on telling him a lie. I looked at the brown eyes that held only one emotion: assurance.

"My father called," I murmured, my eyes never leaving his. "He said he wanted my friends to come over for Thanksgiving."

"That's great," Alex spoke quietly, a smile appearing on his face. "We can all go with the sisters and-"

"Alex," I interrupted. "My father is homophobic."

Alex's smile instantly dropped. He opened his mouth, trying to find the correct words to say. "So he doesn't know of us?" He spoke softly, his hand not leaving mine.

"How could I tell him anything?" My voice suddenly rose in volume. "He already thinks I'm a disappointment for working at a store that sells mostly dresses and not finding a 'real job'," I put air quotes around real job. "He'll disown me."

Alex stayed silent for a few seconds before his hand found my cheek. "It's okay," Alex mumbled. "We will get through this. All four of us are going to the Thanksgiving dinner and we're going to be your friends."

"Alex."

"I'm serious, John," Alex quickly said, his eyes searching mine.  "I want to meet your father.  We will figure this out.  Together."

I looked at my Alexander as his brown eyes moved from mine to the door.  "Alex," I mumbled.  "I really don't want to go.  I'm scared."

Alex's eyes found mine once more.  "You have nothing to be afraid of, baby," Alex murmured, kissing my forehead.  "You are going to be okay.  We will protect you."

I smiled a bit.  "Thank you, Alexander."

"We should tell the others, so they know," Alex spoke quickly.