Chapter XXXI

After their morning run and calisthenics, Steve, Bucky, and Sam rode the elevator back up to the living floors

"You think Grace was being serious about the pancakes, Steve?" Bucky asked.

"Wait, pancakes?" Sam gasped. "That little blonde bundle of vintage cuteness is making you guys pancakes for breakfast?"

Steve nodded with a slight smirk. "Blueberry pancakes, to be exact."

"What?! Do you think she made extra? Knowing you people, she's made them from scratch, and I could totally go for homemade pancakes right now."

"Sorry, Wilson," Bucky answered cheekily as the elevator opened on Steve's floor, "You weren't invited."

"Man, that's cold," Sam whined, shaking his head. "That's really cold."

"Well, I was the Winter Soldier," Bucky shrugged. "Cold never bothered me, anyway."

"Oh, you did not just go there, Frosty! You did not go there!"

"I think he did go there," Steve grinned. "See you later, Sam."

"Catch ya later, Cap."

In the kitchen, Grace has link sausages, tall glasses of milk, and large stacks of hot pancakes waiting on the table when Steve and Bucky came in. As they were finishing breakfast, JARVIS interrupted their discussion of plans for the day.

"Captain Rogers?"

"Yes, JARVIS?"

"Dr. Banner would like me to inform you that SHIELD has requested an evaluation of Miss Rogers today."

"What kind of evaluation?" Bucky immediately asked.

"They wish to assess what Miss Rogers remembers."

"So, they want to know if she'll be of any use to them," Steve frowned.

JARVIS paused. "I'm afraid so, Captain."

"It hasn't even been a whole month," Bucky argued. "What do they expect her to remember?"

"I do not know that answer to that, Sergent Barnes."

"It's okay, fellas," Grace spoke up. "I'll go."

"You sure?" Steve asked.

Grace took a deep breath. "I'm sure."

Above is a sketch I did of Grace on a whim. Haven't drawn in long time, so I kept pretty simple. Hope you guys enjoy.