Chapter LXI

Grace asked JARVIS to play some mellow Glenn Miller in the hopes that it would help her fall asleep. Unfortunately for her, the water she was sipping made a reappearance about ten minutes after the men had left, causing her to bring the small trash can from the bathroom into the bedroom to stand by the bedside.

She drifted in and out of sleep for the next hour or so and woke when Clint poked his head in to check on her. A few hours later, Bruce checked in on her. He brought her some peppermint tea and saltine crackers, hoping to get something to stay down. About five minutes after she ate a few of the crackers, her stomach rejected them.

Bruce went back into Steve's kitchen to find Clint, Wanda, and Pietro there.

"How is Kokhana*?" Pietro asked. "Clint says she's sick."

"She seems to just have the stomach flu," Bruce answered. "However, I'm a little concerned at the fact that she can't seem to keep anything down."

"Nothing?"

Bruce shook his head. "Not even saltines. I just hope it doesn't continue; she'll get dehydrated quickly if it does."

"Should we call the Captain?" Wanda asked.

Clint shook his head. "We're on comm silence."

"When can we contact them?" Bruce asked.

"When they return."

"I can make a vegetable soup; maybe her stomach will be ready for something at dinner time?" Wanda said.

Bruce nodded. "Maybe."