Chapter LXIX

A few weeks later...

"Come on, Tiny," Tony called as he and several of the Avengers climbed into a Starkjet. "All hands on deck!"

"Coming!" Scott Lang called from where he was saying goodbye to his daughter. "I'm so sorry I got called in on your birthday, sweetie."

"It's okay; you're a superhero."

"Thank you, Cass," he smiled and kissed her cheek. "Now, you're gonna stay here with Miss Grace and Scarlet Witch; they're gonna take really good care of you."

"Lang!" Tony's voice called out of the jet hatch again.

"Coming! See ya later, peanut!" Scott called over his shoulder as he dashed toward the waiting jet.

"Bye, Daddy!" Cassie called and waved. "Kick some bad guy butt!"

"You betcha!" Scott waved back and boarded the Stark-Jet.

Grace waved goodbye to the men and slipped an arm around the little girl's shoulder.

Cassie looked up at Grace and Wanda. "What are we going to do until they come back?"

"Well, since it's your birthday, I thought we girls could have a tea party," Grace suggested.

"Yay!" Cassie giggled.

"Pepper has even given us permission to play dress-up with some of her old dresses," Wanda added. Cassie squealed and clapped her hands.

"Wanda, why don't you and Cassie start on tea party makeovers while I finish some birthday treats."

"Yay! We all get to be princesses!" Cassie squealed again and grabbed Wanda's hand, dragging her off to Pepper's closet.

Just as Grace put the finishing touches on the last batch of tea cakes, Cassie came bounding back in, pulling Wanda along with her.

Cassie was now wearing the Sleeping Beauty dress and tiara Scott had packed for her plus a few of Pepper's necklaces and a large scarf the Wanda had pinned to the dress's shoulders like a cape.

Wanda now wore a pale gold gown and her hair was braided back on the sides like the elves in The Lord of the Rings. A necklace, which looked suspiciously like it was made of diamonds, was pinned in her hair to fall across her forehead. Her own burgundy velvet choker encircled her throat and a matching burn-out velvet shawl covered her shoulders. Smoky gold eyeshadow and a deep red lip stain colored her eyelids and lips.

"Princess Ruby is ready!" Cassie announced.

"Princess Ruby?"

"It's her royal princess name," Cassie explained. "for the tea party!"

"She decided that we all had to have a 'princess name'," Wanda explained. "Apparently, I'm a magical elf princess named Ruby."

"I see," Grace grinned.

"And we can only go by our princess names for the rest of the day," Cassie added.

"Well, whatever Her Majesty, Crown Princess.....Cassiopeia wishes is our command," Grace replied with a curtsy.

Cassie giggled in delight at her new name. "Are the cakes ready?"

"Almost, Your Majesty," Grace answered. "I just have to finish icing this last batch. Why don't you and Princess Ruby pick out an outfit for me?"

"We'll find the prettiest dress for you!" Cassie promised, grabbing Wanda's hand once more, and pulled her back down the hallway to the elevator.

When the icing was done, Grace pulled out Tony's only set of china (It was a very plain, modern style, but it would work.), and set the coffee table in the living room with it.

Grace began bringing the cake and treats out to the living room just as Peter strolled out of the elevator.

"Woah, Miss Grace, whatcha doing?"

"Mr. Lang, and the other several of the other Avengers had an urgent mission, and they had to leave his daughter, Cassie, here. On her birthday no less."

"They went on a mission without me?"

Grace sympathetically squeezed his shoulder. "I'm sorry, Pete."

"It's okay," Peter answered. "I'm just your friendly, neighborhood Spider-Man, anyway."

"Well, does the friendly, neighborhood Spider-Man think he could plate the dozen of shortbread cookies in the kitchen and bring them out here for me?"

Peter sent her a small, lopsided grin. "Yeah, I think he could handle that."

Just then, Cassie and Wanda returned. Cassie immediately latched onto Grace.

"We are ready for you, Princess Aurora!"

"I thought you were Aurora," Peter teased, pointing at Cassie's outfit.

"No, she's Aurora because roses are her favorite flower and she slept for a really long time," Cassie explained. "Even though it wasn't her prince charming that woke her up," she added as an afterthought. "I am Crown Princess Cassiopeia of the Fairies," she continued, pretending to be regal. "And you are?"

Peter tried to think fast. "I am most honored to meet Your Majesty," he replied, bowing. "I am Peter...Squire to ....Sir Stark."

Cassie laughed at him but continued the "royal" banter. "These are my....What did you say it was, Princess Ruby?" She turned to Wanda.

"Ladies-in-waiting."

"Right." Cassie turned by to Peter. "These are my ladies-in-waiting, Princess Ruby of the elves," she pointed to Wanda. "and Princess Aurora of...of...Asgard!" she added and pointed to Grace.

Peter fought to not laugh as he bowed again. "Your Highnesses."

"Come on, Princess Aurora," Cassie said. "It's time for your make-over."

"Oh, but--"

"I'll take care of the party stuff," Peter interjected.

"Are you sure?" Grace asked.

"I'm sure," he nodded. "Go get prettied up, Princess Aurora."

She took off her apron and tossed it to him with a teasing grin. "Very well, Squire Peter."