Golden Motor Oil

DISGUISED REPUBLIC RESEARCH FACILITY. DIMENSION ONE. JESSICA POV.

As she marveled at the facility, Jessica noticed that her escorts were already moving ahead of her. She quickly moved up in step.

"What do you do here?" She asked the man who had taken them in.

"I do not have the authorization to tell, I am afraid. The Acting Commander will have to do." He replied.

Jessica groaned. She hated how everything was so military like. Then again, this literally was a military.

She sulked as she followed them down a passageway to the sick bay.

They stopped in front of a glass window. 

It featured several medical clones trying to fix whatever was wrong. Other medical droids were running around frantically. 

"At least Patrick's okay." she thought.

Then It hit her. She knew in her heart that it was Patrick.

"What happened?" Jessica asked impatiently.

"There was a security breach last night. The Supreme Commander was gravely injured. He cannot be moved." The clone said. 

"Of course. My luck." She said she sighed and looked back at the sleeping body of Patrick. He didn't look good. Even from here, she could still hear him wheezing.

 BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPP!!!

The alarm that signaled an enemy attack went off.

 ON BOARD THE BRIDGE OF THE ESPIONAGE 7, LEO POV.

 Leo paced the deck uncertainly. He was still worried about Patrick and Jessica, but his previous decision, during the Giant War, his oath, still haunted him. His choice, would never leave him alone.

 Interrupting his thought, a clone tapped his shoulder. Leo jumped with surprise.

 "I didn't mean to startle you, sir." He said.

 "No, no. it's fine. What do you need?" Leo asked.

"Commanders Piper and Jason have made contact. They request your presence." the clone said.

"Thank you. Tell them I will be right there." Leo replied.

An oath to keep till the final breath.

"As you wish, Commander." the clone said. He immediately turned around and walked over to the communications booth.

Leo kept contemplating the thought.

"Should I tell them?" The right side of his brain asked.

"Yes."  The left side said.

"How will they take it?" The right side asked again.

"It doesn't matter. They are your friends. They will still accept you and love you."  The left side replied.

An oath to keep till the final breath.

"Great. Now we have a hippie in here."  The back of his brain said, interrupting.

"Stop it!" Leo said to no one in particular.

"Sir?" A clone asked.

"What?" Leo asked, unaware that everyone was looking at him.

"Did you not want sugar in your coffee?" the clone replied.

"What? Oh, yes. Only half a packet though, please." Leo replied.

An oath to keep till the final breath.

With that, everyone went back to work.

Leo made his decision. "I'll tell them." He announced to his brain.

"Yay!" They replied.

Leo just sighed.

He walked to the communications booth and sat down. Turning a radio dial, he opened a channel for his conversation with Piper and Jason.

"Leo!" Jason yelled with surprise.

"Leo! It's great to see you again!" Piper added.

"You too." Leo replied.

"So," Jason continued, "do you have any info on, you know..."

"Patrick and Jessica?" Leo finished for him.

"Yeah." Jason said.

"Not much. I've been at it, but other stuff keeps getting in the way." Leo answered as honestly as he could.

An oath to keep till the final breath.

"Actually, why don't you guys come over and we can talk about this later?" He added.

Jason and Piper looked at each other.

"Sure." Piper answered.

Jason opened his comlink and had their ship prepared.

"See you in, oh, fifteen minutes?" Jason said.

"Fine by me." Leo answered.

With that, they closed the hologram.

Fifteen minutes from now, things would be getting complicated.

THIRTY MINUTES LATER, IN THE MEETING ROOM OF THE ESPIONAGE 7. PIPER POV.

"It's settled then?' Jason asked.

"Yep. I'll begin the search tomorrow." Leo said.

"Good." Piper said. 'It really was great seeing you again." 

"Same here." He replied.

Piper noticed that there was a sadness in his eyes. She had already noticed that his fun humor had died sometime after the Giant War. Funny, Their war was the Giant War. It would be weird if this one was called the Great War. Hilarious, right?

"I'll walk back with you guys." Leo said. 

No one talked.

They stepped out of the elevator and finished the walk over to the Republic Frigate that awaited them.

As they got on the boarding ramp, Piper felt a presence. it was dark and brooding. She looked at her left and saw a whole star fighter tumbling towards them. It was obviously being controlled by the Dark Side of the Force. 

Leo saw it to. 

"Go!" He yelled. He Force pushed Jason and Piper out of the way. They were saved, but Leo was not.

The star fighter hit Leo. Surprisingly, it exploded, sending a shower of flaming parts and ash everywhere. Leo was sprawled on the ground, surrounded in golden motor oil.

Piper knew that the flames hadn't hurt him. He was immune to them, being a son of Hephaestus. But he was not immune to five ton metal devices crashing into him.

Jason checked his pulse. He had nothing but shock on his face.

"He... He has a pulse." Jason said. They both came to the same conclusion.

Piper noticed that Leo's cuts were already healing. The golden motor oil was not motor oil. It was the blood of immortals. 

Leo stirred. "Wha- What did I miss?" He asked with a sly grin on his face.

Jason and Piper both spoke at the same time.

"You're immortal."

IF YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER, PLEASE POST A COMMENT! IF YOU LOVED THIS CHAPTER, CLICK THE LITTLE STAR AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE! THANKS, AND HAPPY READING!!! 

                                                                                                                      -pjf1000

NEXT CHAPTER RELEASE DATE: JUNE 31ST. CHECK MY PERSONAL PROFILE OTHERWISE.