Making the Jump

DIMENSION 1, COMMAND BRIDGE OF THE VENTURER.

"Initiate launch sequence. Alpha code C152." Leo said into the microphone.

"Are we sure we want to do this?" Luxa asked uncertainly.

"Well," said a voice from behind, "the odds of survival are 3,465,789 to one."

"Great." Percy said. "It's that annoying little tech droid from the fast food place."

"I beg your pardon?" the droid asked.

"No, you aren't going to have my pardon and you never will!" Percy said, "Now go away, hamburger lover! Die! Die!"

Annabeth sighed. "Oh, Percy."

Jason smirked, "You are something else, Perce."

"May I request some help? Please!!??" Shouted the poor droid. Percy was mercilessly beating it with a hamburger.

"Sure!" Harry said. He then zapped the droid with an electrical spell.

"Ha!" Percy yelled, "That's what you get for messing up my order! HA!"

Meanwhile, Leo and Hermione were trying to recall the other three codes Patrick had used to activate Dimensional Portal 4.

"Try 45, 69, 7, 34, 92, 20, 46, 33, 84, 84, 25, 98." Hermione suggested. Leo punched in the numbers.

"Nope, wrong combination." Leo answered.

Everyone groaned.

Leo turned to look at the assembly behind him. "Well, this the best we can do with all the help we're getting."

The message sank into their brains. Then they all scrambled forward to help Hermione and Leo.

The next few minutes were a jumble of words, numbers, and wrong guesses as they tried to figure out what the combination was. After about two hours, they finally made a header.

"We did it! We finally did it!" Leo yelled. Everyone cheered for joy. "Now we just have to figure out the third code and then we can go on our way!" He said. They all moaned again.

GEORGE BUSH INTERCONTINENTAL AIRPORT. HOUSTON, TEXAS. JESSICA POV.

"Did you have a nice shower?" Patrick asked with mock interest.

They were walking down the steps of the Concorde into a taxi Patrick reserved.

She elbowed him in the ribs. She still smelled like a Pre-K child's lunch.

"Whatever." She grumbled. The taxi pulled off the runway and weaved down to the main road. They pulled onto the freeway and accelerated.

"Where is the Skywalker being kept?" Jessica asked for the millionth time.

"In an Underground testing facility in Houston." Patrick replied.

"Of course." She commented. "I have a random question, why did Vader call me "Princess" when we were activating Dimensional Portal 4?"

Patrick paused. "I don't know. I'll have to look in the records when we get back." He seemed to end the conversation there, so Jessica dropped the subject.

They sat there, silent, for the rest of the ride.

After what seemed like a million years, Patrick spoke.

"We're here."

The cab stopped in front of an ordinary house, but it was far from ordinary. They were back at the house they had just disappeared from.

DIMENSION 1, COMMAND BRIDGE OF THE VENTURER

The twelve commanders were still trying to crack the last code sequence when the fast-food droid turned back on.

"Excuse me, Commanders, but are you looking for the third code?" The droid asked.

"YES!" They yelled.

"I was trying to tell you, but this young gentleman over there," the droid gestured to Percy, "was beating me with his processed meat."

"PERCY!" They all yelled.

Annabeth turned back to the droid. "I'm sorry for the stupidity of my boyfriend; what is the third code?"

"I cannot say it aloud, I will type it in to the computer mainframe." the droid said. The screen beeped, the code was accepted.

Everyone shouted for joy. Leo, however, started activating Dimensional Portal 4.

"Luxa, can you send the coordinates of that message?" he asked. She nodded and entered the coordinates into the computer.

The codes were set, and all it required was the hand print of the thirteen commanders.

"OK! Everyone put your hand on the screens like before." Gregor said over the noise.

"One problem," Frank said. " How are we supposed activate the Portal with only twelve hand prints? "

"My finger prints are exactly the same as Patrick's," Cody said, speaking for the first time, "But we still need Jessica's handprint."

"Without her," Hermione said, "we can't go anywhere."

IF YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER, POST A COMMENT. IF YOU LOVED THIS CHAPTER, CLICK THE LITTLE STAR AT THE TOP (OR BOTTOM) OF THE PAGE. HAPPY READING!

-pjf1000