Confirmation with the Jedi

NEW YORK CITY
John Colorado worked as a security guard for a private business firm. He had seen a lot of weird things in his day, but they didn't hold a candle to the day when the Republic Armada arrived.

Mr. Colorado was inside the Chrysler Building looking over the city. Then the skyline darken severely. A triangular spade ship descended onto New York City. However, when the ship reached about three thousand feet, it appeared to hold its altitude. Then, it started circling the surrounding area aimlessly. Mr. Colorado could only wonder...

THE VICTORY 9, OUTSIDE OF EARTH'S ATMOSPHERE.

Gregor watched as half his fleet broke through the cloud barricades around Earth. "This is delicate ground, Gregor." He thought. "You can't afford to mess this up." All he waited for was Obi-Wan to bring the ambassador team. Gregor had never been very good at negotiations. Luxa had left her fleet in Gregor's care, while she went to Regalia to secure some internal affairs.

"Commander Gregor, Obi-Wan shall arrive in about five minutes. Do you want him brought up here to the Bridge?" A clone asked him.

"No," Gregor replied. "Open up the meeting room on Deck 14. Get some minor refreshments. Nothing fancy."

The clone saluted him. "As you wish, sir."

JEDI TEMPLE

Mace Windu looked over Coruscant from the Jedi Council Tower. He was expecting Commander Patrick and Jessica. They were over three days late. Mace had patrols looking for them, but they seemed to have disappeared of the map.

"Master Windu," a Jedi communications worker said, "Supreme Commander Patrick has made contact. He will meet you in the East Tower in half an hour."

"Good, where did he say he was?" Mace Windu asked. The worker shrugged.

"He didn't say."

Mace Windu dismissed him, and called Master Yoda.

"Yoda, my friend. It is good to see you." He said. Yoda smiled.

"Assume, I do, that you did not call to wish me well, hmm?" Yoda chuckled.

Master Windu smiled. "No, my friend. Patrick has finally returned with who he believes is the Princess."

Yoda's smile faltered. "Talk to you in person, I must. Being listened too, this transmission might." He said.

"Very well. Meet me in the Jedi Council Tower." Mace Windu replied. Yoda nodded and disconnected the transmission.

JEDI TEMPLE GATE

Patrick escorted Jessica up the lengthy staircase to the entrance to the Jedi Temple. They were scanned briefly for unknown weapons, then they we allowed in. They took the elevator directly to the Council Tower.

"Okay," Patrick said, once they were alone on the elevator, "I don't know how many Jedi will be waiting for us when we get to the top. The important thing is to not be nervous and to answer honestly."

"Why wouldn't I answer honestly?" Jessica asked with an innocent look on her face.

"Uhh... Just in case..." Patrick replied.

They reached the top, and the doors slid open silently. Two Jedi were present, along with five or six more in holographic form. They all looked over at her when they entered the room.

"Welcome back, Commander." Mace Windu said to Patrick. "And you must be Jessica." He said.

A small green alien in a rather ornate chair sat looking at her his his head coked sideways. He held his feet like a small child and rocked back and forth. However, he had gray hair, and his face was extremely wrinkled.

"This is Master Yoda. Chair of the Jedi Council." Mace Windu introduced. Yoda hopped down from his chair and hobbled over to them with his cane. Suddenly, he stowed away his cane in his robe, and jumped up. He bounced off the wall three times, then landed on one of the Council members head's. Then, he leap off and landed back in front of her.

"Doubts of my age? Did you? Hmm?" Yoda asked her.

Jessica stared at him. "I, um..." She stuttered. Yoda smiled.

"Come, come." He said. He made a chair materialize in thin air for her, while Patrick went and sat on one of the council seats with his initials in it.

She sat down, and Yoda began asking her questions.

"Who were your parents?" He asked.

"They died when I was really young. My dad died goes ore I was born, and my mom died shortly afterwards." She replied.

"What system as you from?" A holographic man with bright red hair and a beard asked her.

"Earth?" Jessica replied uncertainly.

"Old, how are you?" Yoda asked.

"Fifteen." She replied.

"Hold out you hand." Mace Windu said. He pricked he finger.

"Ow!" She yelped. A pinprick of blood flowed up from her fingertip. A clone dabbed it up with a cloth. He put it into a DNA analyzer.

The room darkened, and a hologram of a rotating DNA strand appeared in front of her. A second strand appeared also, and it was identical to the first one.

"It's a match, sir." The clone trooper told Master Windu. The lights turned back on.

"Well, Patrick, it seems you were correct." Holographic Obi-Wan said. He looked at Jessica. "You are who you say you are. Princess Jessica of the Galactic Throne."

IF YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER, POST A COMMENT. IF YOU LOVED THIS CHAPTER, CLICK THE LITTLE STAR AT THE TOP (OR BOTTOM) OF THE PAGE. IF YOU READ THIS STORY, VOTE FOR IT ANYWAY. THANKS, AND HAPPY READING!

-pjf1000