Testing the Dimensional Portal 4

ON BOARD THE VENTURER, IMFIRMARY.

"Oww." Patrick moaned. He sat up and instantly everything hurt. "I need to see Jessica. NOW!!!"

"Yes sir. " a medic said quickly and briskly walked out the door. 

Several minutes later, two clones armed to the teeth brought in Jessica, who's hands were tied together.

"Really? Is that really necessary?" Patrick rolled his eyes and waved his hand and the shackles disappeared. "Are you OK?" He asked her. He took a cookie from a tray on the side of his bed.

"I'm fine." She grumbled. Jessica rubbed her wrists affectionately.

" I'm sorry, I don't know why they did that. It was completely stupid." Patrick apologized.

"They said it was for "security measures."" Jessica replied.

Patrick shook his head. He reached up for a hologram but winced. He quickly returned his arm to his side and used voice command instead.

"Computer, authorize order 11." Patrick said.

An iron rod swung down and a holographic screen appeared.

Jessica sat there awkwardly.

Patrick looked at the screen for a long time. "He's dead."

"Who?" Jessica snapped back to reality.

"Jacob. He didn't stand a chance. A shot to the heart is beyond us." Patrick sighed. "What a waste of life."

Jessica didn't say anything. she just sat there, staring at the floor.

"When can we go back?" She finally asked.

"I make no promises. War is never reliable." Patrick replied gravely.

It was a long time before Patrick spoke again. "I had the clones bring you here because-" 

The Imperial March blared over the intercom, announcing an attack.

"Fiddlesticks." Patrick said. He got up with some difficulty and walked to the door. 

"Come on, Jessica. I want you to see this."

She followed reluctantly. The two clones marched in sync behind her.

They arrived at the bridge in a few minutes. On the deck, clones ran around fixing computers, pulling levers, and making coffee. So much coffee. 

"Cody!" Patrick yelled. He walked over to a clone in pearl white armor. He turned around to face Patrick. He looked exactly like him. Was it possible, Jessica wondered, that Patrick could have cloned himself? She pushed that aside and looked at the glory of the Venturer's fleet. It was currently battling the enemy head-on. Neither side seemed to be winning.

Patrick said, "Cody, prepare The Skywalker." I will-"

A deep voice bellowed across space. "Give me the princess, young Jedi. She is all I need. I will spare you and your little friends if you do. Give me the princess."

The last words rang across space. Each side stopped to listen. Patrick seemed too know who the princess was, because he looked like he was recalling a bad memory.

"Cody, launch a Code red, Alpha A15, 1900. Begin operation." Patrick said. 

"Of course, sir."

"Captain Rex!" Patrick  yelled at a clone in blue

"Yes sir?" He answered.

"I need you to contact the members of the League. Bring them here. Immediately."

Rex nodded. "Yes sir." He walked to the communications satellite and began to relay a message.

ON BOARD THE VENTURER, COMMAND BRIDGE. SEVERAL HOURS LATER.

The members of the League were gathered on the bridge of the Venturer. Jessica was there too. She looked over and saw those three kids, Hermione, Harry, and Ron. The ones that walked off the ship in Houston.

"So, why are we here again?" Luxa asked. 

"We need to activate the Dimensional Portal 4. For security, all 13 of us must be present for it to operate correctly." Patrick responded.

Everyone nodded in approval.

"So," continued Patrick, "we all have to put our hands on these screens..." He activated a program and fourteen metal sheets a foot in area slid aside. They revealed plasma screens with a picture of a right hand on them. 

"Wait, why are there fourteen screens?" Harry asked. 

Patrick smiled. "To activate the Portal, It requires another being, one that has the capabilities of traveling through the Dimensions with ease. That's you, Jessica." Everyone turned to her, waiting. She looked at the plasma screen in front of her. She pressed her hand into the screen and it started to glow. Suddenly, she knew what to do. 

"Computer, Activate Dimensional Code 45, Permission override." Jessica said. The computer pulled up a star chart.

"Cody where have you tracked Vader to?" Patrick yelled. 

"An unexplored Dimension sir. It is sixteen hyperdrive parsecs over from Dimension 4." He replied. 

Patrick looked back at Jessica. " I believe you know what to do." He said.

She did know what to do. The control panel had hundreds of buttons and dials, but the three that mattered were red, yellow and green. She pushed the red one.

The whole ship lurched to the side and everything started whirring. 

A computer voice spoke, "Activating Dimensional Portal 4. Flying to Dimension 20, please confirm." 

"Confirmed." Everyone said in unison.

The Venturer activated its engines an it flew to Dimension 20, the unknown.

IF YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER, PLEASE POST A COMMENT! IF YOU LOVED THIS CHAPTER, CLICK THE LITTLE STAR AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE! THANKS, AND HAPPY READING!!! 

                                                                                                                      -pjf1000