Die Bugs

ONBOARD THE ESPIONAGE 7, LEO POV

Leo was walking through the docking bay when the clone came.

"Sir!' he yelled.

Leo turned around, "Yes?"

"We have launched the 314th Battalion. It is currently making sufficient progress to the Geonosian capitol." the clone reported.

"Great, get the 212th Battalion ready. They're next." Leo ordered.

The clone nodded and walked away.

"Captain Lance!" Leo shouted. "I need you to show me to the repair room. I need to... um... grab a few things."

Lance didn't seem to be bothered much. "Right this way, sir."

He walked briskly off to the elevator and Leo followed, close in stride.

5 MINUTES LATER

"Watch your step, sir." Lance commented.

Leo hopped over a string of pipes while Lance opened a door. Inside was the largest collection of spare metal thing-parts that Leo had ever seen. He marveled at the hyperdrive motors, each at least twice his height. 'This could completely change the Argo 2' Leo thought.

"Thanks, Lance. That'll be all." Leo said.

Lance left.

ON THE MANHATTAN 4, INFIRMARY

Annabeth was dreaming. Dreams, dreams, dreams. I love dreams.

"Hmm. Why am I a demigod and having wonderful dreams? Oh well. Dreams are dreams." Annabeth thought.

"WAIT, WHY AM I A HIPPIE!? PERCY! HELP ME!" Annabeth thought/ screamed in her head.

Annabeth bolted awake. She had a line of sweat around the ring of her collar. Percy was sitting next to her.

"Annabeth!" Percy yelled. He looked at her in relief.

"Wwhh... what?" Annabeth mumbled.

"You finally woke up!" Percy said.

"Oh. Uuuhhhhh... How long have I been out?" Annabeth inquired.

"About a week." Percy replied.

Annabeth nodded. She looked over at a hologram and saw one of those heart-beat monitors. It was her heart being monitored.

"What happened?" She asked.

A medic interrupted them. "Commander Percy, sir. Commander Annabeth needs to sleep."

Percy was going to protest, but Annabeth said, "Percy, you really should go. I'm... tired. You should sleep."

The clone nodded in approval. "She is right. You need to eat and sleep."

Annabeth was puzzled. "Percy, what is he talking about?"

"I haven't left this room since you passed out." Percy replied.

Annabeth smiled. How romantic. "Wait, have you ate anything? AT ALL?"

The clone interrupted them again. "You need rest, commander Annabeth. Please. Percy, come."

Everything went black.

ON BOARD THE ESPIONAGE 7, LEO POV.

Admiral Archard was pacing on the bridge of the Espionage 7.

"Leo! I assume you have made your... um... improvements to the ship?" He inquired.

Leo nodded.

"Also, Commander Annabeth has made a recovery. She is currently conscious." Archard commented.

Leo sighed with relief. "Oh! Great! I was so worried..."

"Anyway," Archard interrupted, "we are ready to activate your improvement to the ship. Are you ready?"

Leo was a little ticked that Archard had cut him off, but he replied anyway. " Yes, activate it."

Archard nodded. "You! C567! activate attachment 23! Immediately!"

The clone nodded from his glass prison beneath the bridge. Leo walked to the front observance window and watched as a huge laser unfolded from the top of the ship, along with three magnifying glasses to strengthen the laser's power.

"Sir, there appears to be a malfunction." Archard said over his shoulder.

Leo rolled his eyes. He walked over to the control panel. "You just need to push this... and this... then this... then put in this code..."

10 MINUTES LATER

"Then put in this combination... and push that button... and there!" Leo grinned. The clones were staring at him with their eyes glazed over.

Leo could tell that no one could understand what he just said.

"Anyway, FIRE THE LASER!!! NOW!!!" Leo yelled. He was losing patience. The clones knew that an angry commander meant no coffee for the admiral. When there was a grouchy admiral, that meant there was a grouchy janitor who shoves feral cats in your bunk. No one likes a feral cat.

The clones ran off to their respective places. The lights dimmed as the power was directed to the laser. It was aimed at an enemy starship. The laser turned electric blue and flew through the sheets of glass, getting harsher with each one. At long last, It sped towards the enemy ship. It two seconds, there was nothing left but several clumps of metal and a lot of ashes.

Leo smiled.

Admiral Archer nodded grimly. "It worked."

IF YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER, PLEASE POST A COMMENT! IF YOU LOVED THIS CHAPTER, CLICK THE LITTLE STAR AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE! THANKS, AND HAPPY READING!!!

-pjf1000