Percy and Annabeth's Cruise

HEROES OF OLYMPUS VENICE, ITALY. PERCY POV

Percy and Annabeth were sitting at a table in Venice, overlooking a cleaner part of the canal while holding hands. Aphrodite had gotten them here, although they both had an idea that she would add more "twists and turns" to their love lives as dinner went on.

They talked about things and Percy couldn't help but notice how Annabeth had done her hair, considering the giant war had ended a week ago. He also noticed a guy a few tables over who was drinking coffee even though it was 7:00 at night. Go figure. Then he remembered the cruise line tickets his half-brother Tyson had given him.

When the waiter came with their food, Percy cut into his food as he spoke. "So, Annabeth. Tyson came back from my dad's palace and gave me these two tickets for a cruise around the Carribean. The ship Posiedon's Glory sets sail from Galveston Harbor in Texas and I was wondering if you'd like to come with me.

Annabeth studied him for a moment. "Sure, Seaweed Brain. When does it leave?"

"Three days from now at four." Percy responded. "Our rooms are next to each other and the captain is on of my half brothers too." By now they had finished their dinner, but the bill was paid with ink that smelled like lipstick. (Aphrodite) Percy got up and Annabeth with him.

Annabeth smiled and then Percy turned and held her hands, both of them gazing in each other's eyes. Then they wrapped their arms around each other and they kissed.

3 DAYS LATER, GALVESTON HARBOR, TEXAS. ANNABETH POV

Percy and Annabeth arrived at the check-in station for the cruise ship at three. Annabeth was amazed by the arches and columns on the ship. It was like New Rome in the water.

"Amazing." Annabeth said, looking up at Posiedon's Glory.

"Yeah. Tyson showed me a picture when I last met him." Percy responded. "We're on the tenth floor with a balcony overlooking the ocean."

Percy had just finished saying that when a middle aged man in a captain's outfit came over to them.

"You must be Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase. Correct?" He said with a bright smile.

Annabeth noticed he had Percy's same dark hair and deep, sea green eyes.

"Yeah, you're the Captain Triton of the Poseidon's Glory, right?" Percy asked.

"Well, that's what they say!" He smiled and winked at them. "Come on board, I'll show you to your rooms."

When they got on the ship, Annabeth's jaw dropped as she looked at the main lobby. "It's beautiful. All of it, the whole ship!" She was about to ask a bunch of questions about the architecture, but Captain Triton cut her off and said in a low voice.

"Also, as extra security, we have satyrs on the ship sniff out monsters and a security team of retired demigods to take care of any that do show up. So no need to worry about those."

They took the elevator to the tenth floor and stepped out. "Here are your rooms. If you ever need me, my number for the ship is 1111. Goodbye!", said Captain Triton and he walked away, leaving them alone.

"Well he seems friendly enough. You got a good deal, Percy." Annabeth said and kissed him.

Percy wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her back. Annabeth pulled away.

"So," Percy paused. "The ship is underway. Let's unpack and meet here in half an hour so we can go for a walk around the ship, OK?"

"Alright" Annabeth replied and Percy gave her her key card for her room.

The room was really magnificent, and if they had had to pay for it it would have probably costed twelve thousand dollars for the week. Annabeth started unpacking and thought about the rest of the Argo II's crew. How Percy and Annabeth had immediately left as soon as the affair with the giants and New Rome was over. They should probably be there now, but she guessed the rest of the crew was just cutting them slack due to the whole falling into Tartarus thing. Annabeth was just glad she got to spend so much time with Percy. But what she didn't know was that was all going to collapse very quickly. Because at that moment, Lord Vader had gotten on board and was waiting for the next move.

She heard a knock on the door. "Come in!" She yelled across the room. Percy walked in and was already changed into khaki pants and a T-shirt that said "The ocean is my second love.", with a surfer guy riding a huge wave.

"What's your first?" Annabeth said with a grin. Percy walked over and held her hand. "Why, it's you, of course.", and he kissed her.

"I'll go get changed. " Annabeth said, pulling away. "And I'll wait outside.", Percy replied. He was still grinning like he had won the lottery "You were supposed to do that, Seaweed Brain.", she said and pushed him away playfully.

Percy waited outside and Annabeth came wearing something simple, but made Percy happy he had her as a girlfriend.

PERCY POV

They walked down to the restaurant and had dinner in a private area of the ship, away from the rest of the passengers

Annabeth asked Percy, "Do you think it was really a good idea to come? Should we have stayed with the rest of the crew and sorted everything out at Camp Half-Blood?"

Percy held her hands across the table and could tell it was really troubling her. "Look, maybe we should have, but to be honest, I think we both need a break from all these wars. There are still five of the crew left at Camp Half-Blood. Jason is a good leader. He'll take care of it."

Percy brushed a strand of hair out of her face, "Don't worry."

By the time they had finished dinner, it was already late and they walked to the front of the ship. Percy looked down and saw the magnificent hull cutting through the water. He could feel the power of the engines, pushing the ship to its destination. But the next move had come. Lord Vader was ready.

Percy wrapped his arm around Annabeth, he could tell she was cold. He gave her his jacket, but he didn't mind. She layed her head on his shoulder as they looked over the water.

There was no one outside on the deck by now, "Do you want to go back inside?", he asked.

Annabeth just smiled, "No, I can stay out here."

Then they both turned and they kissed. But this kiss was different. Percy knew that this was the person he was meant to be with. He would do anything for her. He wrapped his arms around her waist and she did the same. After at least ten minutes, they pulled away. Percy knew that Annabeth felt the same way he did. They gazed into each other's eyes. Percy kissed her again. They went on till at least midnight.

And at the moment the clock struck twelve, the deck exploded.

IF YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER, PLEASE POST A COMMENT! IF YOU LOVED THIS CHAPTER, CLICK THE LITTLE STAR AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE! THANKS, AND HAPPY READING!!! 

                                                                                                                      -pjf1000