Chapter 19

Kasey and Jace made a date out of sorting out wedding decorations and the final details of the wedding. They had to start buying materials and hiring people to set up and run the wedding. 

They'd just picked out the flower bouquets and ordered the ties for the groomsmen. It was nice to get so many little details out of the way early. That way, they wouldn't have to deal with all the painfully intricate planning when they were stressing out the actual ceremony.

"Are you excited?" Jace asked her.

"Of course I am. If weddings didn't require so much planning, I feel like we would have gotten married a while ago. But it's important to you, and to me, too, so I guess the wait is worth it," Kasey said, smiling. 

"My parents are coming in a couple weeks, just to visit and catch up before the wedding. If that's okay."

"That's definitely okay. I haven't seen them in a while."

"And they'll be flying down the day before the wedding, right?"

"I thought so."

"Alright, cool. They're excited. Mom especially. She's been waiting for me to get married for a long time, I think. Since Tangled. She was delusional at first. She thought I was going to marry Kaitlyn Knox."

Kasey laughed a little. "Wasn't Kaitlyn in a serious relationship at the time, though?"

"You know parents, they like things that make them happy. But mom was thrilled when I told her I'd met you. She said, and I quote, 'Finally, a classy girl that will balance out your wild style.' She clearly doesn't think much of my clothing choices."

"I love your style, I don't know what you're talking about," Kasey reassured him. "But I'm glad that she approved of me. I was worried."

"I am, too. I don't know what I would have done if she didn't approve."

"Do you remember when we met? I thought you were a creep because you asked for my number. I almost deleted it, to be honest."

Jace wiped his forehead. "Thank god you didn't."

"Actually, you should thank Carleigh, not God. She made me keep it. It's because of her that this relationship even started."

"Well, I'll be sure to tell her how grateful I am. Without her, we probably wouldn't be sitting here today."

"Isn't that weird to think about? How one person can change your whole life? If I'd never met you, I'd still be living at the loft. I never would have seen that waterfall. Maybe I never would have seen Moana, either."

"That's the real important part, seeing Moana," Jace commented. 

"There wouldn't have been any Central Park dates, or Strawberry Kiwi and Dorito eating sessions," Kasey continued. "It's strange to think."

"Yeah, it is. I'm glad we met, though. My life would have been nowhere near as wonderful without you," Jace agreed, squeezing her hand. "There's no one else I would rather spend the rest of my life with."

"I'm glad, because the same goes for me."

"Now, cookies or cake?" Jace asked after a brief pause. "I mean, I'm personally team cookies..."

"But cake is amazing!" Kasey protested.

"What about a cake... and cookies on the side? Like a cookie bar, but there'd be cake. We'd cut it together and everything. But the cookies would be another bonus."

"That sounds amazing, actually. I can agree to that."

"Good."

After a few more hours of planning, they decided to watch a movie. They debated a long time before finally settling on 'Beauty and the Beast', the live-action version. Kasey loved the original.

Jace made some popcorn and they sat together on the couch, Kasey tucked into Jace's side. 

"Personally, I think Maurice could have gotten out of the prison by himself. He seems like a smart dude," Jace commented as they were watching. "I mean, I'm glad that Belle found the Beast."

"I don't know, there wasn't much for Maurice in that castle. And without Belle, the Beast never would have gotten to turn into a prince again. Do you really want to deprive him of an amazing relationship, just so Maurice can be the hero?"

"I mean, when you put it that way..." Jace relented.

"But Maurice definitely could have come up with some way to stop Gaston from shooting the Beast. He could have built defenses for the castle," Kasey said with a smile. "So maybe Maurice still isn't being used to his full potential."

"And if Chip has a chip in him, does that mean he should be missing a body part?"

"Ew, I don't want to think about that," Kasey said, shaking her head. "Don't ruin it!"

"I won't, I promise."

'Beauty and the Beast' came on, the classic song. Kasey's favorite. She'd always loved that song. It was just so Disney that it was hard not to love it.

"You're the beauty to my beast," Jace whispered in her ear.

"You're not a beast!" Kasey protested, sitting up.

"That's what Belle would have said."

"Oh, shut up."

"I love you, Kasey."

"And I love you."

"Does that mean our furniture will turn into a butler?" 

"Jace."