Chapter 1

Kasey Winslow jumped as a huge stack of magazines plopped themselves down on the counter in front of her. 

"I thought we could start wedding planning," her fiancee's mother, Moira, said excitedly. Kasey blinked, a little stunned.

"Really, Moira, I don't expect you to-"

"No, dear, really, I insist," Moira interrupted, sitting on the stool beside Kasey. 

They were in Jace's childhood home once again, for vacation. It was early June, and both Kasey and Jace were on vacation from their respective shows- Frozen for Kasey, and Spongebob for Jace.

But somehow, Kasey had ended up alone at the house with Moira while Jace and his father went fishing. It wasn't all bad, but Kasey was admittedly a little shy around Jace's parents. Maybe part of it was because Jace's father hated her. 

Kasey swallowed and turned to Jace's mother. "I want to make sure that this is all okay," she said, clearing her throat. Moira frowned.

"What do you mean?"

"I know Jace's father doesn't approve, and I don't want to split this amazing family apart," Kasey explained, taking a deep breath. "If you and Andrew want this to be over, I'll call it off."

Moira shook her head instantly. "I have never seen Jace happier than now, sweetie. All his life, he's struggled with his depression and his self-esteem issues. I'm sure you know that. Maybe you even see glimpses of it, too."

Kasey nodded. 

"But he loves you, and Andrew and I know that he loves you. Andrew just... he can't see past some his prejudices. If he can't see how much you mean to Jace, then that's his problem."

"Just... tell me, if it ever does change. I don't want to be a burden and a nuisance."

"You need to stop talking. I don't think Jace will ever give you up. I've never seen him so excited," Moira scolded. "Now, let's start looking at wedding plans, shall we?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was surreal to be planning her own wedding, Kasey thought. Somehow, she could never have pictured herself in this position. She'd always imagined herself planning with Carleigh, not Moira. It wasn't that she didn't love Moira, but to her, Carleigh was more like family. She hadn't known Moira long enough to be close to her.

She called her best friend after she finally convinced Moira that selecting flower colors wasn't really necessary this early. 

"Hello?"

"Hey, Carleigh," Kasey greeted. 

"Kasey!" Carleigh exclaimed. "I miss you, honestly. How's life with Jace and the Reynolds family?"

"It's pretty strange," Kasey admitted. "I feel like I'm dreaming, and I'll wake up and still be living with you at the loft. It's like a fairy tale, you know?"

"I get what you mean. I don't blame you," Carleigh agreed. "You need to come over more and visit. Can't have you ditching me quite yet. You can do that when you're married."

"Aw, come on, Car, I'm not going to ditch you ever," Kasey laughed. "But I'll definitely come over as soon as I get back. We need to have some deep discussions about the wedding and stuff. I need your advice."

"Definitely. Well, I have some rehearsal to go to, but I'll talk to you later. Have fun with your wedding plans!"

"Thanks, I will. See you soon."

Kasey tossed her phone onto her bed and headed back downstairs, just as Jace and his father were just getting back. 

"Hey, how was it?" Moira asked Jace.

"It was good, we caught some big ones, but we had to put them back in, obviously," Jace answered, giving Kasey a peck on the cheek. "How was your afternoon?"

"Well-spent," Moira said. "We looked at some wedding things, but didn't make any definite decisions yet."

"I'll have to hear all about them," Jace laughed. "I'm going to shower and change, is that alright? How long until dinner?"

"Thirty minutes, be quick. I know how long your showers take."

Kasey couldn't help but laugh. "I can second that."

Jace rolled his eyes. "Okay, okay, I'll be down soon. I'll try really hard to make it a short shower, since I know how good dinner will be."

"Thanks a lot," Kasey teased.