Chapter 18

"Hey, Kase, I was thinking about what we'd do after the wedding. To celebrate," Jace said one day, as they walked down the street toward the theatre district. 

"You mean the honeymoon?"

"Yeah, a honeymoon. We can do whatever you want, but I had an idea last night that we could go to the UK. You could show me where you lived when you were little, and all the awesome spots," Jace told her, glancing at Kasey to gauge her reaction.

Kasey stopped in her tracks. "You really want to see where I grew up?" she asked, eyebrows raised.

"Well, yeah. I've shown you my hometown. I figured it's only fair to let you show me yours. Besides, I've always wanted to go to Europe."

"You really want to go to Europe?"

"Only if you do. I thought you'd want to. I thought I'd give you the chance, you know, if you wanted to go back. I know you don't have much time otherwise."

Kasey hugged him. "Of course I want to go back. Thank you, thank you. This means so much to me. And I know you'll love it."

"I know I will. I've been wanting to go for a while now. This was just the perfect chance. We can go as long as you want."

"No longer than a week," Kasey told him. "We both have shows to get back to. I don't want to let people down so soon after joining the cast."

"Same here."

"Did we really just plan our honeymoon in five minutes?" Kasey asked, laughing, as they set off again down the street.

"I think we did."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Any moment Kasey shared with Michael, Mike, and Jennifer quickly became her favorite part of the show. They stepped into the role of another family so effortlessly. She considered Mike like an older brother to her. He was so generous and kind. She strove to be a fraction of the person that Mike was. 

Kasey was sorting through the boxes of dressing room materials that she'd neglected to unpack in her dressing room. 

"Hey."

She turned around. Phoenix leaned against the doorway of Kasey's dressing room.

"Hey, what's up?" Kasey straightened from the box she'd been digging through. "Everything good?"

"No, yeah, for sure. I just was thinking about a gift, since I actually forgot to get you one for opening night."

Kasey frowned. "Don't get me anything, please. Your friendship means more to me than any gift. That's not why I do this."

"I know, but I want to make you feel at home. So I came up with this," Phoenix said, holding out a little jar. "It's for your jewelry. I know it's really hard to keep track of your own personal accessories when you always have to be taking them off. So, I figured you could put your ring in there, and anything else. Just to keep things organized."

Kasey took it with a smile. "That's an awesome idea, actually. Thank you."

"Anytime."

"Hey, do you want to do a live or something? We have an hour before the show," Kasey offered. Phoenix broke out into a smile.

"Sure. I don't do many of them, I'm warning you," she said as she sat next to Kasey on the couch. 

Kasey laughed. "Don't worry, I don't either. That was more of Jess's thing."

"Jessica Clarke, what a goddess," Phoenix sighed. 

"I can relate to that. She's fantastic. I felt like I was in heaven every time I heard her sing."

"Same. And, by the way, Frozen was amazing. Everything was stunning," Phoenix added. "The costumes especially."

"Thank you so much!" Kasey exclaimed. "You're too sweet, honestly."

They started the livestream. Immediately, there were at least 70 people watching. "Whoa, this is cool," Phoenix commented. "You have some loyal followers."

"Wanna ask Phoenix questions?" Kasey asked the viewers, scrolling through the comment section. "Here's  a good one- what was your audition process like for DEH?"

"Um, well, I went to an open casting call. It's super intimidating before you get down to the final rounds, but then they start bringing in cast members. You kind of know when you'll get the part, because it'll feel right to you. That's what happened to me," Phoenix said. 

"Aw, that's awesome."

Kasey kept looking through the comment section. 

"Ooh, when's the the wedding?" Phoenix asked, looking over Kasey's shoulder at the questions.

"November 27, I'm really excited," Kasey said. "It's in a little over than a month."

"I'm excited to go. It'll be so much fun," Phoenix agreed. "Here's another good one- what's the best flavor of gummy bear?"

"Red, obviously. And white is the most disgusting."

"Really?! You hate the white ones?! I love those. I'm offended," Phoenix joked.

They answered a few questions, including one from Laura Osnes, who asked what their favorite costume was.

"Hmm... I like Alana's blazer. Her 'professional' look, if you will."

Kasey thought for a second, mentally scanning through all of the costumes she wore. "I really like the one I wear in 'You Will Be Found'. I think it's a really pretty shirt."

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is your half-hour."

"Crap, we have to get ready. See you guys later!" Kasey realized. "Have a wonderful day!"