Chapter 12

After a few days, Kaitlyn Knox emailed Kasey the wedding invitations she'd come up with. The styles ranged vastly, from lighter themed ones, to dark ones. There were goofy invitations and there were serious ones, too. 

"Jace, come over here," Kasey called, sitting at the computer. Jace set down his libretto and walked over to peer over Kasey's shoulder at the different options.

"I like this one." Jace pointed to one with a beautiful blue flower on the top.

"I'm not sure about the font and spacing though. What about this?"

"The leaf one? Or the coral striped one?" Jace asked.

"The mint coral one," Kasey clarified. "What do you think?"

"I don't know, it's a little light for me. I thought we were going for darker." They continued scrolling through the dozen options that Kaitlyn had made.

"That one."

The invitation was beautiful- simple, but beautiful. The invitation was dark blue, with white lettering, and the background was adorned with lanterns. It was perfect, in Kasey's mind. It was almost what she'd been imagining in her head. 

"I agree. I think that one's perfect. It's even a Tangled tribute, a little," Jace agreed. "Do you want to tell Kaitlyn, or do you want me to?"

"You should. You're friends with her. Tell her how much we like it," Kasey suggested. Jace grinned. "I didn't make the connection with Tangled, but now I see it. It makes me love it even more."

"So, the lantern one is the one we're agreeing on? That was quicker than I thought it would be," Jace said.

"Yes."

"It's the one you want? I'm a fan," Jace said.

"It's the one I want," Kasey replied with a smile. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They printed out the invitations and mailed them to their friends, attempting to keep the guest list as short as possible. Considering how large their Broadway families were, they managed to keep the list brief.

Of course, they'd invited the Hamilton cast: Carleigh, the three Schuyler sisters, Oak, Anthony, Thayne, Jon, Sydney, Megan, Ariana, and Alysha were the only ones that weren't busy. 

And then there was the Tangled family: Jess, Kaitlyn Knox, Araella Marquis, and four or five of the ensemble members. 

Most of the Frozen cast couldn't attend, since they were still running. Kaira, Jackson, Sebastian, and Emma were the ones that had been allowed to go. The rest were going to stop by the reception afterward.

Then there was the collection of miscellaneous friends from different shows. Laura Dreyfuss, Ben Platt, and the DEH cast, Laura Osnes, Kara Lindsay, Denee Benton, Christy Altomare and Derek Klena were the ones that had been able to come.

Then there was the families: Lin, Vanessa, Sebastian, and Alaina were standing in for Kasey's family. Moira and Andrew were invited, along with Jace's brother and his family. But that was about it. 

At the dinner table, Kasey was just about to take a bite of salad when Jace cleared his throat. "Um, Kase, have you thought about who you'll dance with?" he asked.

"What, instead of my father?" Kasey set down her fork.

"Obviously you don't have to dance with anyone, if you don't want to. But if you want to dance with someone, we'll do it."

"I hadn't thought about it, no. Maybe we'll just skip it. It makes it easier for everyone. We don't need a father-daughter dance," Kasey said. She hadn't wanted to make it a big deal- she had assumed that she wouldn't. It had just been a fact of life that she'd come to terms with after her parents, and foster parents, had died. 

Jace was quiet. "We'll do whatever you want to do, okay? Just say something, if you come up with it."

"I will," Kasey promised. Jace gave her a hug.

"Even if you don't, it doesn't make any difference to me."

"I know."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The date of the wedding was closer than Kasey thought- and considering all of the rehearsing and preparing she was about to go through for Dear Evan Hansen, time was going to go quicker than she thought. 

It was stressful, planning a wedding. That was something no one ever talked about- all the details seemed so significant. 

But for a perfect day, all of it was work it. Right?