Illinois

Dear Diary
Driving sucks. And it's a pain in my ass.

Matt's POV
I woke up, Nate is not in my arms. I jerked right up and looked around, Nate is in the driver's seat. Oh, I forgot that it's his turn to drive till we got back to Iowa on our way back to Washington. He glanced at me with his black eye from the day before when he got into a fight "Is everything alright?" He asked with his eyes on the road again, I nodded "Yeah. I'm fine cutie" I said, I laid back down "I just forgot it was your turn to drive" I continued, I saw him nodding "Ok. You just scared me" he said "Sorry." I apologized, he nodded again.

I looked out the window, so this is how it feels like not to wake up early in the morning to drive "So. Where are we going?" I asked "Since Illinois is filled with landmarks. We are going to go to those landmarks" he said, I nodded "What would those landmarks be?" I asked "Cloud Gate, Gateway Arch, and Shedd Aquarium," He said, I nodded again "Sound more fun when I got to pick," I said, he shook his head and parked the car at a truck stop "Nah," he said as he got out. I grabbed our bags and got out.

Did our normal things, shower, brush teeth and hair, get dress. Get some breakfast. "So. Nate. I got some questions for a first-time traveler on the East Coast. What is it like?" I asked, he looked at me "It's just like the West Coast but there are some states where there is not a lot of traffic" he said, I nodded "Nice" I said as I opened the car door for Nate, he got in and I put the bags in the back then finally got in. We buckled up and he started the car then began to drive.

I doze off as Nate drove to our first landmark Cloud Gate. He parked the car and got out, I grabbed my camera and got out of the car "Nate. Stand in front of the monument" I said, Nate, smiled and stood in front of the Cloud Gate then smiled, without me even telling him. I took a picture or two and looked at the picture. He looked so perfect as usual. God, I love him so much and I can't wait to see what's in our future.

After a couple of hours at the Cloud Gate and we went to the Gateway Arch. I took more pictures there. Nate calling me hipster here and there. The more we laughed the closer I felt to Nate. Every time we cuddle I love him more and more. Even when he cries. He is perfect and hopes we last.

More hours later we were at the rest stop. Laying down in the bed. Full from dinner. We just laid there is silence. I messed with his hair or kiss his nose. He would return the kiss. I would look into his blue-gray eyes. I could stare at them for hours on end.

I slowly drifted to sleep dreaming about the boy with blue-gray eyes and freckles on his nose and cheeks