U.S. Route 20

Dear Diary,
Matt and I have saved up some money to drive across the country. Matt told his father about this and asked if he can help, I refused. But he helped anyway. He got stuff that we needed, food for snacks, blankets, and pillows we will be sleeping in the car, covers for the windows, he even bought us a bigger car! And many more things. Hiram got me a suitcase too, big enough for what I need to put in the car. But Hiram said that we can put an air mattress in the car if we put down the back seats! Amazing!

Matt's POV
I looked around the beach house that Nate and I are still staying at until the end of summer "Nate!" I yelled from upstairs "Yes?" Nate yelled back from downstairs "Where is my suitcase?" I asked, "In the car." He answered my question, I chuckled. He did all the packing which he let me help somewhat. I walked downstairs and he looked at me "You know I could have help you pack up the car" I said, he nodded "I know." He said, smiling.

I walked up to him and kissed his forehead as I hugged him "I love you so much" I said, putting my head on top of his head. He hugged me back and put his head on my chest "When are we going?" I asked he shrugged "Maybe tomorrow," he said, I nodded "Ok. We are waking up at 5:30 Am" I said, he nodded "Ok" he said.

Next Day. 5:30 Am. Nate's POV

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I hit my alarm clock. "Goodmorning cutie" I heard someone say as a hand creeps on my arm, I moved my body toward the person, Matt, I groaned sleepily, I heard a chuckle come out of him "Come on cutie," he said, I buried my face in my pillow "Fine. I guess you don't want to go the trip" he said, I groaned and slowly got out of bed, he grabbed my hands.

After a couple of minutes later, we walked downstairs side by side "Who is driving?" Matt asked I shrugged. "I guess I will drive the west coast part. And you drive the east coast part." He said I nodded.

We got in the car and buckled up "So where are we off to?" I asked, he started the car "Off to Newport, Oregon" he said, "Can we go to a diner there?" I asked, as he began to drive "Yep" he said, "Thank you Matty" I said.

I heard him mumbling something "What did you say!" I yelled jokingly "I said you're a cutie," he said, I rolled my eyes and turned on the radio. I took out the cord and plugged it into my phone then the other side on the radio.

"What song Matt?" I asked, "Um. That one song. That I forgot the name to. Um" he said, he sounded like he was so hard trying to remember the name. I hit shuffle and BITE by Troye Sivan started playing. "This is the song," he said, he always called this song 'our song' since this was the first song that I played went we started dating.

I smiled "To Oregon we go!" I yelled out the window. He laughed "You're silly"