Invite From The Blackwoods

Dear Diary,
Thanksgiving is close, Matt's family is having a Thanksgiving party or a family get together, and they invited me.

Nate's POV
I walked into Hiram's office "Here you go" I said, putting a stack of papers on his desk, he looked away from his computer and looked at he "Thanks Nathaniel" he said, smiling lightly "Check my mail again" he continued, I nodded and walked where the teachers get the mail, including Hiram since he is in the school.

I looked through it first before he complained that someone else's mail was in his stack of mail, as I flip through I saw a red envelope that said 'Nathaniel Apoylos' I titled my head and walked back to his office "Hiram" I said, he looked at me "What is it?" He asked "I got your mail, and there is an envelope for me," I said, he smiled "Open it. The envelope might be from my wife" he said, I put his mail on the desk and opened the envelope. There was an invite? To what? One of those college parties? If it was no thanks! I opened it, the invite said

Nathaniel Apoylos

You have been invited to the Blackwood house for a Blackwood family get together.

Formal-Causal attire

6-10 PM, but you can leave earlier than that.

We hope to see you there, the family has been dying to see you.

This wasn't Hiram's handwriting, I looked at him "An invite?" I questioned, he nodded "You are part of the family, once you are with Matt, part of the family" he said, I stood there dumbfounded as I slowly nodded "Thank you, Hiram," I said and walked towards the door, "Welcome," He said, I opened the door. I walked almost out of the door and someone was trying to walk in. We bumped each other, I was about to say something but it was Matt "I'm sorry Nate" Matt said, I smiled "It's fine" I said, he nodded and kissed my cheek.

We went our different ways, I had to hurry up to orchestra practice, so I ran to the building, I had to practice for the play called Phantom Of The Opera I wasn't in it, we played Lindsey Stirling's Phantom Of The Opera. I walked into the building, Anna walked up to me "Where have you been? Both teachers are getting piss off." She said, I nodded and switched into my outfit.

I had to dress up because I was going to be walking with the girl who played the main character on the stage while playing which was Anna. She had to wear a wig since her hair was still pastel pink, I got everything on and got on the stage, Mr.Drews looked at me "Nathaniel you are 5 minutes late" he said, I nodded "Sorry, I was with Mr.Blackwood helping him" I said, he sighed and nodded.

Matt's POV
"Ok Matthias, we are going to check out the new play going to go on soon," my father said, I nodded sitting at a desk in the left side my father has put me "That means now," he said, I stood up and we walked out. We walked in silence, we walked into the cafeteria where they were practicing, they looked at us, I saw Nate, holding the violin, he looked so good in his suit holding an instrument. We sat down "Sorry Mr.Drews and Mrs.William" my father apologize, they nodded.

The people on the stage went to their places, Nate walked to the side, where I couldn't see him. Then they started the scene, the girl...I know her voice from somewhere...Anna Frank, Nate's friend was the main character. A violin interrupted my thoughts, he started walking up to Anna, she looked at him. He leads her to the side then the lights went off, the violin playing going, then the spotlight came on them and a guitar and an organ enter with Nate. I didn't know what this play was about, but Nate played well.

After we were done he walked to the side, casually finishing the last measure? I believe that's what it's called. My father stood up and clapped, I did the same, the students and the teachers looked at us "That was amazing" my father said, walking up to Mr.Drews and Mrs.William, with a smile "Sorry to interrupt again. You guys have good players and actors" he said, he looked at me, nodding.

Which means I'm off of work, I walked in the back trying to find Nate, he was with the costume helpers, talking to them, I knocked on the door, a girl with blond short hair, and black glasses "Ooo look who has come to say a fellow hello" she said, I smiled "Whatever Priya" I said,  Nate walked up to me and hugged me, I hugged back "You did a great job" I said, kissing the top of his head, rubbing his back.

After a couple of minutes later I had to go, I walked up to my father, "Where were you?" He asked I looked at him while we were walking "I was visiting Nate" I said, he nodded "Matthias, I have to tell you something that's kind of important to you" He said, oh no, I hope it's nothing really bad, "What is it?" I asked, not trying to act nervous "I have invited Nathaniel to our family get together for Thanksgiving. I hope you don't mind, it's about time he meets the rest of our family" he said, I nodded "I agree" I said "Good. Remember" he said, stopping, I stopped with him.

He turned to face and I looked back at him "Remember to look your best. Have good behavior. Be polite. Tell the whole family about you and Nate when they ask. Don't tell them if they don't ask" He said, I nodded and we started walking again.

God, I am nervous as hell, my whole family. Both sides will know about my sexuality.