Iowa

Dear Diary
Iowa. We are closer to the other side of the east coast. I promise Dana that we will come to see her in Georgia. I don't want to go but I'm going to see my sister, my brother-in-law, and my nephews. Which I saw on the last holiday we had together.

Nate's POV
I woke up to Matt moving, he was not on my chest from the night before. I pretend I was asleep, peeking through my eyes that are mainly closed. I watched Matt get dressed and go in the driver seat. I felt a jerk, the car started moving, I rolled on my stomach and moved around, trying to get comfortable again.

"Nate. Wakey bakey" I heard a voice say, I groaned and opened my eyes, looking at Matt, he was smiling at me "And get dressed so we can get a shower," he said, I put on my clothes and grabbed our bags then I got out the car.

Like usual. We took a shower, brush hair and teeth, got dress, deodorant. Then got a quick breakfast to eat on our way to wherever Matt plans on to go. "So?" I said as I looked at Matt when we walked out of the rest stop "Soo?" He said, "Where are we going for the day?" I asked as we both go in the car "We are going National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium" He said as he started the car and buckled, I nodded.

Already buckled and eating my breakfast sandwich "Long name" I said as I took a bite out of my sandwich "Yep. I did some research on this place. It's really nice there" he said as he began to drive. I nodded again and finished my breakfast sandwich after a couple of seconds later, I started dozing off by looking of the window.

The driver felt longer than usual, I was on an app where I usually look for books. It's a good app and I will order some that I found, I mainly get LGBTQ+ books because those are good books. Plus I don't even like watching romantic films or a lot of movies because I can't stand watching those sex scenes. Matt kinds of agrees with my reason.

I felt the car jerked backward and I looked at Matt "Here?" I asked he nodded and unbuckled, I did the same. I grabbed his camera and got out "Cutie" I heard him say, I looked at him "Yes?" I said, he looked at me "I love you. And I can't wait to go back home so we can look for houses" he said as he walked up to me and held out his hand, I took his hand "I can't wait either dear" I said, he jerked me forward and kissed me, I kissed back.

We walked in and paid, I handed him his camera, I pointed at the sign "No flash" I said, he nodded and turned off his flash "Ok. Got it off. Now let's go" he said as he wrapped his arm around my waist, I smiled and looked around. The fishes, turtles, sharks, dolphins and many more animals are so pretty.

"Nate. Stand here. I want to take a picture of you with the whales" he said, I stood where he asked me to stand. I smiled and he took the picture "Cute as always" he said, I smiled and kissed his cheek.

I felt someone bump into me "Faggot" said the unknown person, I turned around to look at the person "Excuse me?" I said confused and along with anger, Matt put his hand on my shoulder "Nate. Chill just let it goes" he said "He is just an asshole who doesn't know how to keep his thoughts to himself" he continued as he rubbed my back, the person stopped and turned around then walked back to us "Excuse me" said the guy, I took Matt's hand off my shoulder "You heard me" I said, taking the blame for calling him what Matt said. Next thing I know, the guy was on the ground and I was on top of him.

People around us. Matt behind me, trying to pull me off. This asshole called my boyfriend a dumb ass that can't get a life. I continued punching him, violently. The guy kicked me a couple of times and punched me. Next thing. Darkness.

"Nate!" Someone yelled it was a bit hard to hear, I also heard some sirens. "Nathaniel Apolyos!" Someone yelled again, I opened my eyes, blurry at first. Then the picture came clear, Matt was on top of me and people were still around me, looking down at me and Matt. Police was near too. "Matt. What's going on?" I asked, in terrible pain, he hugged me tightly and looked at the police "Sorry about the trouble" he said, he bent over and picked me up "How long was I out?" I asked "For a good 3 hours," he said as he placed me in the bed in the car.

I laid in pain as Matt drove "Are you mad at me?" I asked "No. You stood up for me. I love your bravery" he said as he parked the car, and closed all the curtains. "Don't forget that you start driving tomorrow?" he said, I nodded as I wrapped my arms around him.

I slowly closed my eyes and drifted asleep into the night.