Chapter 38

As Jongin carried Kyungsoo back into his condo, he realized just how much he'd missed his condo. Everything was just the way he had left it before they had left. Everything was in the same location and the same arrangement. Nothing changed, except for one thing—the atmosphere that surrounded Jongin. When they left, Jongin was cheerful and excited. When they returned, Jongin brought a dark cloud with him that was hung over his head.

Jongin kicked the door to his bedroom open—but it was technically Jongin and Kyungsoo's—and placed Kyungsoo down gently on the soft mattress. After placing a kiss on Kyungsoo's forehead and whispering into the sleeping younger's ear that he'd be back, he left the condo once again.

As he descended the stairs of his building, he couldn't help but let his mind wander off to his father. Was he really going to leave Kyungsoo now? Or would he stay with him? Was he going to risk Kyungsoo getting hurt because of his father just for his own selfish desires? Or was Jongin willing to break Kyungsoo's heart and let him go to save him from his father's deathly clutches? What would Kyungsoo think of him after that? Would he hate him? But to be honest, Jongin would rather have Kyungsoo hate him for the rest of his life but continue living rather than have Kyungsoo be hurt because he loved Jongin.

Jongin was ready to smash his head against his car once he had reached it, but instead opened the doors and retrieved his luggage along with Kyungsoo's. Once Jongin had locked up his car, he made his way back up to his condo, luggage in hand.

He was flooded with relief once he had finally made it back up and had tossed the suitcases onto the floor by the front door of the condo.

Jongin's eyelids felt heavy as he struggled to keep them open. It was currently four-thirty-five in the morning and Jongin was tired as shit. His limbs ached from sitting down for a long time in the airplane, and he had driven himself and Kyungsoo all the way back to their condo.

Once the airplane had landed at around four-twenty, Jongin had woken Kyungsoo up so that they could leave. But when Jongin had climbed into the driver's seat and Kyungsoo had sat himself in the passenger's seat, the younger male had fallen asleep in a heartbeat. He hadn't had the heart to wake Kyungsoo up after they had arrived at the condo, so he had let the smaller sleep and Jongin had done the honours of carrying Kyungsoo back into their room.

Not even giving a damn about brushing his teeth, Jongin just peeled his shirt off of his torso and threw it across the room before climbing into the bed next to Kyungsoo. On instinct, Kyungsoo snuggled up closer to Jongin, which just made the older male chuckle. Jongin threw his right leg over both of Kyungsoo's legs and pulled the covers over both of their bodies. Kyungsoo's raven-black hair tickled the skin under Jongin's chin when Jongin held the younger so close that Kyungsoo's face was buried in Jongin's neck.

A kiss was dropped to Kyungsoo's scalp as Jongin whispered, "Goodnight, angel," before spiraling into a deep sleep.

~~~

Morning came quicker than Jongin would've liked and he groaned when he felt the burning hot rays of the sun slap against his face through the window. Why couldn't the sun leave him be and give him time to sleep more? If anyone needed their beauty rest everyday, it was Jongin. Right now, Jongin was too tired to deal with the sun's cheerful shit. Jongin tried to bury himself under the mountain of duvets and the pillows, of course to no avail. Blindly reaching his arms out, Jongin tried to find Kyungsoo, only to pop his eyes open in confusion when he came across an empty bed. He sat up quickly.

"Kyungsoo?" Jongin called out. The younger male must have woken up before Jongin.

Footsteps echoed outside of the room before Kyungsoo was poking his head through the doorway. "Yes, baby? Did you call me?"