Chapter 28

Kyungsoo ran his fingers through his messy hair. He was really going to have to take a shower once he got home, because he was looking like something out of a trash bin. He straightened the collar of his plain white shirt, took one last look in the mirror before deeming himself ready to face the outside world again.

"Do Kyungsoo." Kyungsoo turned around and came across a police officer who he hadn't realized was staring at him as he fixed himself up. "Please follow me."

Kyungsoo was led down a hallway that he had never walked down during his time in jail. The police officer brought him to another white door - Kyungsoo noticed that almost all the doors in this prison were just plain white - and pushed it open.

Kyungsoo shut his eyes when the brightness of the sun hit him, blinding him temporarily. He took a deep breath of the fresh, crisp air that he missed oh so much. A light breeze blew through his hair, messing it all up, but Kyungsoo couldn't care less. The air smelled faintly of gas, and Kyungsoo spotted Jongin and Chanyeol and Baekhyun waiting for him outside of the prison gates.

Kyungsoo smiled at the thought of finally being back with Jongin and he waved to the three of them.

Kyungsoo waited for the police officer to open up the gates before running over to his friends.

"Kyungie!" Baekhyun cried. Kyungsoo barely had time to breathe before all his air supply got cut off by Baekhyun's bone crushing hug. "I missed you!"

Kyungsoo lightly tapped Baekhyun's arm that was around his waist, silently asking for him to loosen up a bit. "Baekhyun... I can't... breathe," Kyungsoo choked out. Baekhyun quickly let go of Kyungsoo and flashed him an apologetic smile. "And I missed you too, hyung." Baekhyun wiped away a single tear that ran down his cheek before trying to hug Kyungsoo again, only to get pulled back by Chanyeol.

"Baek, that's enough," Chanyeol laughed. "He just got out. Don't kill him already." Baekhyun whined but took a step back.

Kyungsoo's eyes fell on Jongin who had patiently been waiting for Kyungsoo by the car. "Jongin." Jongin lifted his head at the sound of Kyungsoo's voice and smiled. He opened up his arms wide and Kyungsoo ran over to him, giggling when Jongin almost fell back at the strong impact. Jongin held him tightly, leaving absolutely no space between them, but Kyungsoo didn't mind. This was what he had wanted for so long.

Jongin rubbed his nose into Kyungsoo's hair and whispered, "I missed you."

Kyungsoo wrapped his arms around Jongin's neck. "I missed you too. Like crazy. I missed your scent, your voice, your hugs. I just missed you in general."

"Kyungsoo?" Jongin vacillated, and Kyungsoo pulled away to look at Jongin's face properly. "I'm sorry. It's all my fault that you ended up in there. I'm sorry I didn't look after you and-" Kyungsoo brought a finger up to Jongin's mouth to shush him.

"Enough. You're not sorry for anything. There is nothing for you to be sorry about. You couldn't have done anything. You tried your best to protect me, and I'm here, aren't I?" Jongin meekly nodded. "Exactly, so don't apologize for what's already been done. I'm alive and okay, and we're together. That's all that matters."

Jongin hummed and pulled Kyungsoo back into a hug. No words were exchanged between them for a few minutes, both of them too busy indulging in each others' scent and presence to care about speaking. That could come later.

Jongin and Kyungsoo both pulled away from each other at the same time, and Jongin lowered his face down and sealed their lips together. Kyungsoo's eyes fluttered shut as he relished in the feeling of Jongin's plump lips on his. He never realized how much he had missed Jongin's kisses until this moment. Every cell in his body was yearning for more and more of Jongin's touches as their lips danced in sync, like it once had. Jongin's fingers lightly caressed Kyungsoo's hips, and he pulled away from the kiss and frowned as he continued to rub his fingers on Kyungsoo's hips.