Chapter 34

A week had already passed in Venice, and Kyungsoo thought it was safe to say that during their trip, he had made the best memories of his life.

His favourite memory, though, was yesterday when Jongin and he visited the Piazza San Marco, which was also known as St. Mark Square. A tall building that very much resembled Big Ben from London—only without the large clock—was in the center of the square. There, Jongin and Kyungsoo took tons of photos together. Photos that Kyungsoo would treasure for the rest of his life.

"Hold the camera straight, you numbskull!" Kyungsoo giggled at Jongin when his boyfriend wouldn't stop fiddling with the sky blue polaroid in his hands.

"Don't judge me! I'm trying my best! I need to find the best angle," Jongin exclaimed as he turned the camera left and right, but then frowned again when he looked back and realized he wasn't going to capture the large building in the background in his current position. "Wait, I think I got it."

Jongin brought the camera back up and wrapped his arm around Kyungsoo's shoulders to pull him closer to him. "Say cheese!" Jongin grinned and Kyungsoo smiled for the camera before Jongin snapped a picture of them and a paper slid out of the slot at the top of the camera. Jongin pulled it out and shook it in his hands a couple of times to let the image appear slowly before he handed the photo to Kyungsoo to have a look.

"I look like a zombie," Kyungsoo frowned as he scanned the photo. "My smile looks so fake and it makes me uncomfortable to look at myself. You, on the other hand, look amazing. My head looks way too big and it's covering the building in the back."

Jongin sighed and took the photo back. "Do you always have to point out your nonexistent flaws? Look at me," Jongin said as he lifted Kyungsoo's face up to look at him. Quickly swooping down, he connected their lips together in a short but meaningful kiss. "You're beautiful. Stop saying otherwise."

"You're being cheesy again," Kyungsoo muttered and Jongin laughed.

Holding up the camera again, Jongin positioned the camera to snap another picture. Kyungsoo's lips curved up into his heart-shaped smile, his pearl white teeth on display for the camera. Just as Jongin's finger came down and pressed the polaroid's button, Jongin turned his head and planted a kiss on Kyungsoo's cheek. The flash went off and another card slowly slid out of the top of the polaroid camera and Jongin plucked it out with nimble fingers.

Kyungsoo blushed but a soft smile crept upon his face when he saw the photo. It was adorable, if he was being honest. His lips were curled upwards in a big smile that showed all of his teeth while Jongin's lips lingered on Kyungsoo's flushed cheeks. In the background, the large building—that Kyungsoo was going to call 'The Big Ben's twin'—was now completely visible.

"Now this is my favourite photo yet," Jongin commented as he took the photo in between his fingers and examined it.

"Jongin," Kyungsoo giggled, "this was only the second photo we took."

Jongin shrugged. "It's still my favourite. Look at how round your cheeks are. And your eyes look like beautiful crescent moons."

"Stop talking about how nice I look," Kyungsoo said when he felt as if he was going to explode from embarrassment.

Jongin chuckled at Kyungsoo's embarrassed expression and left a lingering kiss on Kyungsoo's lips once again.

Kyungsoo stood up on his tip-toes and pecked Jongin's lips, stumbling back a little in shock when Jongin applied more pressure to his lips. Soon, Kyungsoo's arms were thrown over Jongin's shoulders, one of his hands lost in Jongin's dark brown locks. As he pulled Jongin down further, Kyungsoo tilted his head and deepened the kiss. Jongin's tongue swiped against Kyungsoo's bottom lip, and Kyungsoo opened his mouth invitingly and let Jongin slip his tongue in. A whimper escaped past Kyungsoo's lips and were swallowed up by the kiss when he felt Jongin rub his tongue along the inside and flick against the roof of Kyungsoo's mouth. The arm that was around Kyungsoo's waist pulled Kyungsoo closer to Jongin's body as Jongin's hand rested on the small of Kyungsoo's back and rubbed calming circles into the fabric covered skin.