Chapter 25

Warning: Smut

Kyungsoo curled up into a ball on the couch, rubbing his hands up and down his bare arms and trying to get some warmth through to his cold skin.

"Jongin," Kyungsoo whined when he could no longer stand the chilliness of the atmosphere, "I'm cold. Come and cuddle with me."

Jongin chuckled from the kitchen and set down the dishes he was making an attempt to clean. "You're so clingy, babe," Jongin smiled as he sat himself down on the couch next to Kyungsoo, his smile growing wider when Kyungsoo immediately clung onto his arm like a little leech. He opened up his arms for Kyungsoo and the younger male snuggled closer to Jongin, burying his head in the crook of Jongin's neck and letting himself get wrapped up in strong arms.

"How can you stay so warm when it's so cold in here?" Kyungsoo wondered.

"Do you want me to turn up the heat for you, Kyung?" Jongin asked, but Kyungsoo just shook his head. Jongin was much warmer than the heat during summer, and Kyungsoo loved that.

Jongin rubbed his nose into Kyungsoo's hair and inhaled his intoxicating scent. Even in a large crowd, Jongin would've been able to pick out Kyungsoo's vanilla and strawberry scent. His smell was engraved into his Jongin's heart, in his soul.

"Jongin? Why do you keep rubbing your nose into my hair?" Kyungsoo questioned.

"Because you smell amazing," Jongin confessed.

Kyungsoo blushed when he heard that. "But I haven't taken a shower in two days. How could I possibly smell amazing?"

Jongin shrugged and smiled. "You're Kyungsoo. Everything about you is a mystery, and solving it is not possible."

"You always make me sound magical and beautiful, but I'm not as amazing as you make me out to be," Kyungsoo said.

Jongin frowned. "You're beautiful and amazing and just straight up angelic. Don't tell me otherwise," he articulated.

Kyungsoo pouted but didn't say anything back, relishing in Jongin's touch and warmth as Jongin placed gentle kisses to the crown of his head. Jongin slipped his hand under Kyungsoo's shirt and gently caressed the soft and pale skin on the small of Kyungsoo's back, his arms wrapped around him lightly as if Kyungsoo would shatter under his touch if he held on too tightly.

Jongin had to thank Kyungsoo's parents for bringing his beautiful Kyungsoo onto earth for him. If it weren't for them, Jongin would never have been able to experience this feeling called love.

"Kyungsoo," Jongin said quietly, "can I meet your parents?"

Kyungsoo lifted up his head, and Jongin feared that he had said the wrong thing and upset his boyfriend, but to his surprise, Kyungsoo smiled and nodded. "I'm sure my parents would love to meet you."

~~~

Kyungsoo held Jongin's hand tightly as he led Jongin up to his parents' grave before dropping down on his knees in front of his parents' tombstones.

"Mom, dad, I want you to meet someone." Kyungsoo signaled for Jongin to sit down next to him, and Jongin slowly lowered himself onto his knees next to Kyungsoo. "This is my boyfriend, Jongin. I remember how you guys always teased me when I said that there was someone in my class I liked, and you always wanted me to find 'the one.' Well, I've found him. I know you guys never cared about my sexuality, and I'm thankful for that, because I wouldn't be able to live if Jongin and I were separated. I love him so much and he means everything to me. If you guys were here right now, I know you would've loved Jongin.

"At first, I didn't like Jongin. I guess you could say we were one of those couples that always started off badly, but we worked it out, and now here we are. At first, he seemed like the type of person who was selfish and only cared about himself and looked down on others. But over time, I've come to realize that Jongin is caring and sweet and funny. He's always looking after me and taking care of me. He's always spoiling me and treating me like some kind of precious treasure that he can't lose. He would've been the perfect person to joke around with because I know you guys always felt hurt when I didn't listen to your jokes. Jongin would've been the perfect person to tell your lame jokes to, and he would've just made random ones up and said them back."