Chapter 36

Warning: Smut

Jongin was walking. Where he was walking, he had no clue. All he knew was that something was telling him to walk in this direction. Everything was black around him, and he couldn't see where he was going. Even his hand was black, no matter how close he held it to his face. What was he looking for? Who was he looking for? Why was he brought here?

"Jongin!" Someone's voice echoed off of the walls, and Jongin whirled around, trying to find whoever called his name, but no one was there. The voice was familiar, but why couldn't Jongin pinpoint who's it was? "Please, Jongin!" There it was again.

Kyungsoo. That's the person who popped into Jongin's head when he heard that voice again.

"Kyungsoo? Kyungsoo, where are you? Kyungsoo?!" Jongin shouted desperately, but he didn't get an answer. He ran in the direction where he last heard his boyfriend's voice. Kyungsoo had to be here somewhere.

"Please! I-I'm scared!" Kyungsoo's voice came back, and it seemed to be coming in the opposite direction from earlier. How would Jongin find Kyungsoo in this dark place?

"I know, Kyungsoo! Wait for me! I'm coming for you!" Jongin answered Kyungsoo and he ran around in circles, looking for any sign of Kyungsoo in that ominous, pitch black hole. It was like Kyungsoo was everywhere at the same time. Jongin couldn't find which specific direction Kyungsoo's voice was coming from.

But then, a door opened. Jongin shielded his eyes when light streamed out of the open door, and he took careful steps towards the door, curious as to what was inside. Once he had stepped into the room, the sight he was met with had him stumbling back, his fists clenching and his stomach churning uncomfortably.

There, in the middle of the room, was Kyungsoo, sitting on his knees with his hands tied behind his back. Blood trickled down from his temple and his lip was busted, his clothes ripped and tattered. Two men stood behind Kyungsoo with whips, and it took Jongin a while to recognize them as the bodyguards at his father's company.

"K-Kyungsoo?" Jongin called out, and Kyungsoo lifted up his head slowly, his face twisted in pain and tears running down his cheeks. Jongin tried to run over to Kyungsoo, but his feet wouldn't budge. They were rooted in place, refusing to let him get in contact with his legs and move.

More tears streamed out of Kyungsoo's eyes. "You promised. You said we would be together forever. You promised me that you would protect me."

"I-I know I did. I'm so sorry," Jongin cried.

"You broke your promise," Kyungsoo sobbed, his voice faint and strained.

And then he was gone.

Jongin blinked. Once. Twice. And still Kyungsoo was gone, but his voice continued to echo through Jongin's head.

You promised. You broke your promise.

"K-Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo! Where are you? Kyungsoo! I was wrong!  Please, where did you go?!"

"It's your fault, Jongin. I warned you." Jongin whirled around to find his father standing behind him, slowly making his way closer to Jongin, and Jongin took steps backwards to distance himself from his father.

"Where's Kyungsoo? What did you do to him?!" Jongin shouted, but his father didn't answer him. Fear was beginning to take over Jongin's being. His heart was beating so quickly and he was having a hard time breathing, as if something—or someone—was cutting off his air supply. Jongin's legs felt like lead, threatening to collapse at any moment.