Chapter 8

Kyungsoo's POV

"Jongin," I whispered to myself. I smiled. I liked the way his name rolled off my tongue. It sounded so nice, and the name suited him. His name made him seem like a little teddy bear.

Ah my god. What was wrong with me? I was acting like a love struck teenager, though I probably was, minus the teenager part. I felt my cheeks heat up and I placed my hands on my cheeks to cover up my pink face.

"What's wrong? Do you have a fever?" I heard Baekhyun ask. I was sitting in the coffee shop, watching Baekhyun work. Screw what the boss said, he couldn't tell me what to do. I was going to visit this shop as much as I wanted, and I didn't care if the boss saw me. Besides, he wasn't my boss anymore.

"What? No, I don't have a fever," I replied, hoping that he wouldn't ask anymore questions. I was wrong.

"Is it too hot in here? Should I turn the heat down?" Baekhyun questioned.

"No, you don't have to turn the heat down. It's actually a little chilly in here."

"Then why is your face red? Why-" He suddenly stopped. "Wait... ARE YOU BLUSHING?!"

"Baekhyun shut it!" I yelled covering his mouth with my hand.

"Whof uz zit?" Baekhyun tried to talk.

"What?"

"Whof-" He shut up and then out of nowhere, he licked my hand.

"Ew! Did you just... did you just lick my hand?" I looked down at my saliva covered hand and made a face of disgust.

"Now, as I was saying," Baekhyun resumed, crossing his legs, "Who is it?"

"Who is what?"

Baekhyun hit me across the back of the head. "Aigoo, you poor soul. Tsk tsk. Your crush will never love you if you're this stupid."

"Excuse me? One, I am not stupid. And two, what crush are you talking about?"

"You're blushing, which means that you like someone. Spill it shorty. Who is it? Who is making you look like a teenage girl in love?"

If my face could get any redder, then at that moment, it had. I didn't reply and just sat back. Was Jongin my crush? I had no idea, to be honest. One minute, he was making me feel like the most useless person on the planet, but then the next, he made me feel safe. I was so confused, but all I knew was every time I saw him, my heart would skip a beat.

"Who's the lucky girl?" Baekhyun teased, gently elbowing me in the ribs.

"It's more like...a g-guy."

"A guy? You're ga-"

"Byun Baekhyun! Do you want to be fired, too?! I don't pay you to sit around with someone who shouldn't even be here!" My previous boss came out of the back room, fuming, as always.

"N-No sir." Baekhyun stood and bowed. Before walking away, he turned and glared at me. "You have a lot of explaining to do when we get home."

I chuckled as I watched him speed walk behind the counter. I stood up and waved to Baekhyun, who in turn, gave me that 'I'm watching you' look. I stuck my tongue out at him and walked out of the shop.

I marched down the street, wondering if I'll ever get the chance to see Jongin again. Maybe, but would he even want to see me? I didn't know.

As I was about to cross the street, I heard something honking at me. I turned my head to the side to look.

A car.

Jongin's POV

I stood outside the coffee shop, watching Kyungsoo talk to his friend. His face was flushed, and a part of me hoped that it was because of me.