• 24 •

Luke had already been in my house but this time it was different. I had invited him voluntarily, he wasn't helping me because I was unstable or looking after me. I was fine. He was fine. I had invited him. And that thought scared me. I month and a bit ago I hated him, a few days ago I hated him. But now I realised I never really did. I was just scared. I seemed to be scared a lot recently. But wouldn't you? If your life had been ripped apart by becoming close to someone, wouldn't you push every new person away? I shivered at the thought of what happened before I I prayed that Luke wouldn't ask about that. That I wasn't prepared to tell him, or admit or however it came out about me hurting myself. I just couldn't relive that.

Opening the door Luke and I quickly entered and he instantly pushed me against the wall next to it. He didn't make a move, all he did was look into my eyes as both of our breathing became uneven. I looked up at him.

"Goddamn his gorgeous eyes," I thought and I watched as his eyes lit up. Shit, I just said that out loud and I panicked. He noticed and brought his hand to my cheek to relax me slightly.

"What was that?" He smirked and I cursed under my breath making him chuckle slightly.

"Nothing," I lied badly making him laugh more. His eyes shone and the blue of them seemed to get deeper and more intense, I didn't know whether it was the lights in my hallway or his eyes.

"You're beautiful," he murmured as he brought his lips to my soft spot just under my ear. I shivered and let out a long sigh as he carried on kissing my neck.

"What was that?" I asked mocking his earlier question. He smirked into my neck making me tingle everywhere and the hair on my skin stand on end.

"I said you're beautiful," he repeated louder this time, the vibrations of his voice on my jaw made me explode inside, the butterflies now fireworks.

"Why thank you Hemmings," I smirked and he came up to my lips finally brushing them with his before moving away and pulling my hand, dragging me into the living room. He sat me down and I looked at him confused and he just held his hand up in a 'stay' position.

"Woof," I retaliated quickly, I raised my hands and tilted them slightly to make them look like paws. I saw his shoulder bob in a laugh as he rushed out and into my kitchen. What was that boy up to?

I laid back into my sofa, getting completely comfortable and sighed. He was such a dork, but, for now at least, he was a dork that, for some reason, wanted to be my dork. And for now I was happy with that. A warm feeling crept into my stomach, it was a feeling I hadn't had in a while. It was happiness, just happy.

Bang. I laughed to myself as I listened intently to Luke messing around in the kitchen, obviously trying to get something ready but failing.

"Do you want some help?" I yelled into him. There was a pause.

"No! Stay there! Get comfy!" He sounded rushed and panicked and I smiled but I wondered what the hell he was doing.

As I turned on the TV he finally walked through with four bowl in my giant hands.

"Wow," I thought looking at his big shape. I hadn't really thought of looking at him like that before, but he had quite a big build, it wasn't overly big, it was a nice big. He had just the right amount of shape to his broad shoulders and big arms. His legs were incredibly toned and - my attention was drawn back to his hands. They were massive.

"You think out loud you know that?" He said smirking like he had just won a trophy in some sort of childish event. I blushed violently as I watched the boy walk towards me proudly. I covered my face with my hands, the hoody still covering most of me. It was practically dry now apart from the end of the sleeves and around my neck.