• 47 •

"You did what?!" I wouldn't believe what was coming out of my fathers mouth. How could he do this to the boys and I?

"Well you, out of everyone, should be happy, you were complaining about getting out of here for the first month," he replied. My throat had run dry and for a moment I honestly thought I felt myself swaying with a sickening dizziness.

"Yes, okay, maybe the first month but dad, it's been 7 now and we're all happy, even mum has settled in amazingly. Ashton has had a job for five months that he loves; Calum has a main role in a production at high school with Michael as his music producer! They've never had higher grades, nor have I since I've had Hollie helping me with my studies. What made you even think any of us would be okay with this?" None of this was properly computing in my head, the thought refused to enter my brain and make any sense. He couldn't do this surely? I was almost an adult surely there could be some way to wait this out?

"Luke, you have to understand that this isn't deliberate, I know you're all happy here-"

"Then don't take the job! It's not exactly hard is it?" Anger surged through me, I hated shouting at my dad but this was just too much.

"They thought it would be good to transfer us back home, they thought it was what we would want and how could I refuse?"

"Easily, just say no! No-one wants to move... no-one," I heard my voice trail off as I saw movement in the corner of the room. They had clearly heard my raised voice and got concerned and I instantly grounded, letting shock and sadness replace the anger. "Please just say no, dad." He looked up at me. "Please." I could see his remorse as he shook his head. My energy drained, my will to fight back or say anything at all followed it and I just stood there, staring into this man's eyes.

"I can't, Luke, this isn't up for debate, it's what is happening. I'm sorry but it's done. I'm sure you'll find a new girl anyway, you always do."

Michael appeared next to me, followed by Ashton and Calum and they all held onto my shoulder, clearly hearing the debate from further away. My dad filed out of the room and to work for the last time here. His last words had hit home with me, nothin. had stung like that. Did he really just believe that Hollie was just another one of the meaningless girls I used to bring home?

"Was that what I think it was?" Michael asked, shuddering. I just stood with my mouth slightly parted and nodded.

"When is it happening?" Calum clearly found great difficulty in comprehending this situation too because his voice was a lot higher than the usual low tone.

"Two weeks, we have two weeks to pack up and leave, get out of the country and leave everything behind to go back to Straya." I was homesick, I did miss home but not in the way you normally get, I didn't want to go back and live there, I wanted to visit, say hi to everyone and come back here because here was home now. All I had out there was distant relatives and some people that called me their friend but who never truly believed that.

"Two weeks that's all?" I lolled my head again and silence broke out. All of us looked beat down, except for Ashton who just stood gazing out of the window where my dad had just disappeared.

"What about the production?" Michael choked.

"What about Kaela?" Calum sounded rough. They had gotten close recently, especially as she was helping the behind the scenes of the production. I knew this would take a blow on him because Calum always valued friendship more than anything else; moving from Australia hadn't taken that much of a toll on any of us because we all moved together, making sure no one was left behind and left with the feeling we were all experiencing now.