• 21 •

I woke up shaking. And I didn't mean lightly shaking like when you're about to meet your idols. I mean full on shaking like I was still on a roller-coaster.

I was curled up on the floor, with blood around me. I remembered what had happened and I slowly tried to get up. I looked at myself in the mirror and gasped. My makeup had completely run all the way down my cheeks and my eyes were red and puffy, like someone had just punched me in the face. I went to wipe my eyes.

That's when I caught a glimpse of my wrist in the mirror. I gulped, hard. When had I done that? I looked at the deep cuts, some going across and some even going down. I saw some bad ones and noticed they were still slightly bleeding. Had it got that bad? I didn't even remember doing half of them and that scared me. A lot.

Slowly. And I mean slowly, I walked over to the door of the toilet and shakily unlocked the door. I tried to do it quietly but it failed and the lock made a metallic sound and the door creaked loudly.

Kaela was sat there, in front of me. She was sat against the end of the bed with her head in her hands. She didn't even look up, I could tell she had fallen asleep and there was no way I was waking her up. I would explain later. She looked exhausted and I couldn't do that to my best friend.

I thought about who I could call to help me. I needed someone to get me some bandages or something to clean these because I knew if I kept them like they were then something bad would happen to them. I knew there wouldn't be anything in the house. We might have a decent sized house but inside was as cold and broken as one that you find abandoned on the end of a spooky old lane that everyone's afraid to drive down.

My parents never really came out of their part of the house - their room and they had another room sectioned off kind of like a study - and when they did they were grumpy, drunk or just irritated with the world. There was the odd moment they'd be happy and that often happened when Kaela was around but other than that not much happened. They rarely went out to get anything other than food. Yeah sure they liked to check up on me but my theory was that they only did it to save their own skins in case anything did happen to me when I was out.

I crept down the stairs trying to stay out of everyone's way. I guessed I had been out for a while because it seemed like the mid-afternoon when I looked outside the window. When I read the clock it said 2 and I sighed. Mum and dad wouldn't be home until a lot later and the only other person I had to worry about was Kaela and she was asleep upstairs.

"What do you do now?" I spoke to myself. I leant on the counter and tapped my finger to an imaginary beat.

Ashton... You could call Ashton... I thought. But then I viciously shook my head. Not after that. I didn't even know what happened anymore but I knew that we weren't okay and that I couldn't just phone him up so I could go and get something to treat the cuts I just gave myself.

I couldn't call Ashton. I couldn't call michael because I didn't know him... I had just practically run away from Luke like an idiot so I couldn't call him... Could I? No. Calum? I thought about it and he had said he wanted to help. He drove, he didn't have to find out why he was helping me he'd just have to do it. I saw no reason why not to call Calum so I pulled out my phone and looked through my contacts until I found him. It didn't take long.

One ring... no answer

Two rings... No answer, oh god he was going to pick up. I needed him.

"Come on cal-" I started but I was cut off by his usual weirdly chirpy voice.

"Hollie?" He asked. His voice was completely confused and I couldn't help but imagine his face right now but I shook the imagine out of my head and looked back down at my wrist that desperately needed attention.