• 10 •

I did my hair quickly as I heard a knock on the door. I checked my appearance once more before jumping down the stairs and opening the door.

Ashton was stood there smiling at me.

"Hey babe," he said before pulling me into a hug.

"Hey Ash," I replied breathing him in and letting him consume me.

"So you up for going to the new park down the road?" he asked pulling away and looking at me excited.

"Uh sure?" I questioned, almost asking him why the hell he wanted to go to a different park.

"It's like a park for older people, it has massive swings and fun stuff in and roundabouts and giant slides and a trampoline tent things and it looks cool," he said shrugging, trying to play off his excitement. I laughed at his childishness and watched as he pouted to try and convince me.

"Yeah okay why not," I smiled as he jumped up and down.

"I'll drive us there," he said taking my hand in his and leading me there before opening my door for me and letting me in. He walked over to his side and climbed in.

"So how far away is this place?" I asked, looking at our hands which were yet again entangled. His fingers were playing with mine like they had been for the past ten minutes and every time it spent sparks through my hands.

"Not long now I promise. Why? Don't you want to be with me?" he asked turning and pouting quickly.

"I do! I just get extremely bored driving around and then I get fidgety and I just I don't know I don't like it," I explained. I saw him laugh at me lightly and I tore my hand from his and hit him. When I put it back I purposely avoided his awaiting hand making him look at me.

"We're here," he said, his voice not as chirpy as usual. I knew he was trying to make me feel bad and it worked. I got out of the car and as soon as he walked over to my side I jumped on him and kissed him.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled pulling away. He shook his head lightly and pulled me back to him again.

"I know," he laughed on my lips. I shivered at the vibrations and pulled away realizing what had just happened. My eyes stretched open and I mentally curse myself for doing that.

"What was I thinking?" I thought. "You weren't thinking, of course I wasn't thinking-"

"Hollie? What weren't you thinking about? Was it about that? I'm sorry... it just kind of happened and I... I didn't know what to do, I didn't want it to stop," He said shuffling around. I had thought out loud again, great, of course I would. I looked at the ashamed looking Ashton and my heart melted. I shook the frown off my face and lent forward to grab his hand.

"We're here to talk about us right? Well I think we need to do it now," I said. He looked at our locked hands for a moment before leading me over to the new swing, which was big enough for about four people so we both climbed in and gently rocked.

"So what are we going to do?" He asked me. I didn't really know how to answer that question. I was shocked. I knew exactly what I had wanted to say but it had all just disappeared from my mind and now I couldn't remember anything, I couldn't think of anything, the only thing I could focus on was Ashton's touch.

"I-I don't know..." I said honestly.

"Well... I like you Hollie, I shouldn't, but I do," He said. I thought I could see a slight blush in his face but it was gone before I could check.

"What do you mean you shouldn't?" I asked him slightly confused by the words he had used.

"What? Uh.. I mean I haven't known you for that long..." He lied to me. In a situation this important he was lying to me.

"Ashton you can't lie to me when I'm debating starting a relationship with you, my first relationship."

"You want to start a relationship?" He said jolting forward.

"Well that's what we're here to try and figure out right? Ashton you're like the only person I trust... don't lie to me? It makes me feel shit," I replied getting nervous by his stunned reaction. Did he not want to be in a relationship with me? Was I mixing all the signals up in my head?

"I'm sorry Hollie, I just, fine I'll tell you. Basically Luke told me to stay away from you the first time he saw us together in the café together because I might've said I liked you and he told me I shouldn't," he explained. My jaw clamped shut and my hands clenched into fists. "He just said you were bad news."

"What the fuck? Does he have some kind of power over me? I swear he thinks he owns me! Every time I'm with you he's there and he just...OH MY GOD! I hate him! Why does he not want us to be friends?!" I practically screamed. There was no one around as most young children were in school, I should've been but I had taken the day off telling my mum I was sick.

"Hollie! Hollie calm down! I didn't agree to it! I mean we're here now right? Please don't get mad at Luke, it sucks that you don't like them anyway and I don't want to make it worse when it was just starting to get better," he said.

"Just getting better? What are you on about? I've spent no time with any of them but you and Luke when he's being a dick! I don't like them Ashton and Luke telling you to stay away from me is going to make me hate him even more because I like you Ashton! You're one of the only people I can tolerate, but I don't just tolerate you, I really like being with you and the thought of Luke trying to-" His lips lent forward and touched mine. I knew it was to get me to shut up but I didn't care. My hands flew around to the back of his head and pulled him closer to me.

Finally he pulled away with his signature smile plastered on.

"I'd never leave you Hollie, I like you too," He said. I couldn't help the blush rising to my cheeks.

"What is this?" I asked after a while indicating between us. He had his arm around my shoulders and we were just rocking in the swing lying next to each other. "I'm not saying I don't like it because I do but I'm so confused, it's like one minute we're a couple and the next we're not. I know Luke has something to do with that but if he didn't what would this be anyway?" I turned to face him and he looked at me, our faces not even an inch apart.

"What do you want it to be?" He asked me, I could feel his breath on my face.

"That's what I don't know, because I like this whatever this is and I like being friends but... I don't know," I said. He smiled at me, I knew we had been closer but this was different, we weren't kissing we were talking we weren't meant to be this close, but we were, and I never wanted to move.

"Do you want to know what I think?" I nodded quickly almost hitting our heads together. "I think you are the most difficult person I know to try and figure out but that's what I like about you, you're like a puzzle that I need to figure out and I feel like sometimes I get the wrong piece but eventually we're going to get there and it will be perfect." I didn't know what to say. I thought Ashton was the most gorgeous boy I had laid eyes on and I had liked him since the first time we had spoken but when he put it into words like that I understood. The puzzle wasn't complete yet, neither of us wanted to rush incase we did it wrong and it turned out badly but we knew that slowly we were getting there.

"Well in that case, I think this is perfect," I said smiling and holding our hands up by our faces.

"So do I, but please don't think this means I never want to be with you, because in all honesty I do, one day. I just think it's a little too soon," He said smiling at me. I nodded and his lips barely brushed mine quickly. I longed for more but when he got up and ran over to the slide I knew that this would be more fun.

A/N: I know it's short but it's just.. I don't know :-( sorry for being shit but yeah! So let me know what you think, who you ship, what you think is gonna happen etc... You never know! I just need some feedback guys!