• 9 •

I rushed to lunch trying to avoid Luke. For the last five minutes of the lesson all he did was ask questions about where I had gone and whether I was feeling okay and even Ashton came up at one point. I ignored all of the questions, knowing he was just doing it to annoy me. He had beaten Kaela's question record.

I made it to the lunch room without bumping into him, or him bumping into me, and sat at my normal table. Kaela wasn't there just yet so I waited for her to show up, playing with my thumbs as I did.

"Look who finally came back to the land of the living?" I heard a taunting voice behind me. I rolled my eyes and spun around to see Milly standing there with Luke by her side and Calum and Michael just behind her like some sort of gang. Finally they had got the hint that they probably would have more friends with her.

"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know I upset you with my absence," I said smirking. I saw Michael lift his shoulders with a chuckle and I smiled at him as Milly shot him a devilish look. I winked before he stopped and turned ice cold, like Milly, again.

"You didn't you were just gone for almost four lessons," she spoke like a stuck up bitch that thought she was the queen, which is exactly what she thought.

"Oh I'm sorry did you miss me? Well next time I'll only skip two. Just for you," I snapped sarcastically. Michael and Calum both had to cover their mouths to stop them from laughing. At this moment in time I actually liked them, well compared to Milly I did.

Believe it or not we had been friends until a couple of years ago when she decided that she had nicer hair and bigger boobs, so she started to go out with a lot of boys and just forgot us. It ended in a big argument and she made most people hate us, which I didn't really care about because I hated everyone anyway.

"No I didn't miss you, it's just annoying when teachers are constantly asking where you are and what's wrong with you, it's not like they'd care if you weren't suicidal," she hissed like it was no big deal. I felt my heart stop and my stomach drop to the floor.

"What?" I asked pretending I didn't hear what she said. I tried to avoid contact with anyone but my eyes caught Luke's and he looked devastated. I looked over to Purple and he was looking at me in shock, just like Calum was.

"You know what I said. Maybe they found out about your little attacks," she laughed. I couldn't take anymore. I stood up, slapped her around the face and screamed, calling her a bitch, before running out of the lunch room. "Oh yeah just run! Just like you always do! It's not going to do anything!" I heard her yell after me. She always had the last word. Why couldn't she leave it just this once? She'd crossed the line. 

The tears streamed down my face as I ran away, this time I wasn't going to stay in the school. I didn't care.

As I was running I passed Kaela and she looked at me shocked.

"Oh no! Not this time!" she said grabbing onto my wrist and pulling me over to her. "What happened?" she asked me seeing my distraught state.

"M-Milly.. She-She... " I paused, trying to catch my breath. "She told them, she practically announced to everyone..." I couldn't carry on, my head was throbbing, my blood was boiling and everything else inside me was working over time.

"That fucking bitch..." Kaela whispered, as if she couldn't believe it.

"Calum... Michael... L-Luke... They all know.. Everyone knows! What am I going to do? The whole reason I am who I am is because I didn't want people to know! I can't.. I can't be known as the girl that has problems or the girl that needs help! Kaela... Not again..." My voice broke and cracked at the end, the tears poured down my face and onto the floor. I wanted the ground to swallow me up and never spit me back out.