• 17 •

"Hollie?" Calum asked. I looked up into his brown eyes and sighed. I might not have known him my whole life but I knew when he was curious, or worried. I had seen it before when Kaela and I were drunk. Well I thought I had seen it. But Kaela knew him and her eyes said the same thing.

"What?" I snapped. I wasn't in a good mood. I might look cool on the outside but inside I was getting hot, bubbling, waiting for the moment that she passed in front of me, or said something to me. I wanted to hit her but at the same time I wanted to run as far away from her as I could and cry in a corner. Never to be spoken to or heard of ever again. But that couldn't happen. It wouldn't happen. I couldn't let it happen. She cracked me once.

"Cal-" Michael started. I looked at him and he looked almost scared. I wasn't sure whether it was for his friend or for me but there was something there. He looked at me quickly but I looked away as soon as he moved his head and looked back at the boy in front of me.

"No let him ask his questions, I know you want to know right?" I asked rather than stated. But I wasn't unsure of myself. I was the opposite.

"Oh... Okay," he said shyly. I didn't know why he was being the way he was but when I saw the guilt on his face I got a good idea.

"What did Milly mean earlier?" Calum finally asked me. I rolled my eyes, of course.

"She meant I was a bitch, we used to be friends but now we're not. Simple." He didn't even look shocked at what I had said, like he had known that here must have been something between us earlier on.

"That's not what I meant..." he stuttered. I knew he was finding this awkward and, to be fair, I was to.

"What you mean the suicidal part?" I asked. He gulped and nodded looking down at his fingers that were entwined.

"Uh... Yeah... That," he muttered almost as if he didn't want to say it aloud.

"She meant what she said. She thinks I'm attention seeking but she's just a whore and likes to remind me of what she did," I said.

"What do you mean-" he couldn't help himself.

"Calum, I'm not friends with you, I might put up with you but that doesn't mean I'm just going to pour out with my deepest darkest secrets. You're hot I'll give you that, to be honest I'm surprised one of Milly's bitches haven't pounced on you yet but that does not give you the ticket to my heart or even my thoughts okay?" I said. He looked at me in shock. I don't know whether it was the honesty or the fact I called him hot or I wouldn't tell him. To be honest I didn't know a lot anymore. I thought I did but the more I thought about it the more I realized that what I did know no one really cared about.

"I'm so-"

"Don't do that," I stopped him.

"What do you mean?" He asked. I was already getting fed up. I just wanted to escape to where my 'special place' and get away from people and their questions and judging and... Well just being rude.

"Don't pity me. Don't say sorry when I know you're not, don't think you know what I went through or what my problem is because you haven't got a clue. It's the one thing I hate and I don't need it off of someone I hate to okay?" I remarked. He shook it off and nodded.

"I'm- I mean ... Mike what do we have last?" He changed the topic and I went back to my phone and zoned out of their conversation.

Turned out last lesson was maths and I had it with Calum. He saw me walking in and stopped me quickly in front of the room, pulling me over to the side and he lent against the wall. His eyes piercing through mine.

"Hollie..." I didn't like this conversation already. His face was dangerously close to mine. Even though I was tall for a girl he was taller. By a lot.