• 5 •

I finally climbed out of the sea after at least an hour and found my towel. I lifted it up to put it around me but there was suddenly a pair of hands stopping me.

"Do you have to put that on? It's warm enough to dry without the towel," I heard Ashton's voice coo behind me. I turned around smiling at him, knowing what he was doing but weirdly enough I didn't mind.

"You just want to check me out," I said, cocking an eyebrow.

"No, I just don't want to get your towel wet when I do this," he said as he lifted me up like a baby and started running for the sea again.

"NO! Ashton no don't! Please! Ashton!" I squealed not being able to stop my laughter pouring out of my mouth. I kicked my feet and tried to wriggle out of his grip. He didn't let go no matter what I did but when his feet got into the water he stopped.

"I'm not sure about this anymore, it's kinda cold," he said. His eyebrows were furrowed in thought. "But I do like this," he said, flicking his gaze onto me quickly before taking it off.

"You're such a perv!" I laughed trying to rip his hands off of my hips. The truth was I didn't mind them being placed on me but I didn't like feeling weak.

"I'm offended! I was just trying to have some fun," he said letting go with one hand and putting it to his heart. I started to fall out of his arms and I squealed. But he caught me before I could go any further than a couple centimeters.

"Please put me down?" I asked pouting. He started walking back to where he had dropped my towel. "I can walk you know," I said.

"Yeah but both of us prefer this." He winked at me.

"I never said that," I corrected him.

"But you were definitely thinking it," he said, wiggling his eyebrows.

"I was not!"

"Oh? What were you thinking then?" he asked me smirking slightly.

"I was thinking why the hell is this Aussie freak still holding onto me?" I lied. I was thinking how his touch felt.

"I see how it is," he said and with that he dropped me. I screamed loudly but landed within seconds on my towel in the soft sand.

"I hate you!" I screamed.

"I don't think you do, you don't know me well enough to hate me just yet," he replied placing his finger on his chin as if he was thinking. "Actually I know that what you just said is a complete lie," he carried on. Instead of arguing with him I just laughed and lay back on my towel, soaking in the last of the sun.

"Ash!" I heard Luke yell from further away. I sighed. I had been extremely comfortable with Ashton lying next to me, of course he had to ruin it. But I kept my eyes closed. 

Ashton got up slowly, thinking I was asleep obviously, and then ran over to his friend on the other side of the beach. However Ashton's place was soon filled however by another large body.

"Hey," I heard Purple say.

"What do you want?" I snapped, my mood suddenly changing when I realized they had all now ruined Kaela and I's night. 

"Just to talk, you seemed pretty happy with Ashton here, why can't I sit here?" he asked me. I opened my eyes cautiously and saw him pouting. I sighed and propped myself up on my elbows.

"Why do you even try with me?" I asked him abruptly.

"You really want to know?" he answered my question with another question.

"No I just asked you for the sake of it. Of course I want an answer!" I said throwing my hands in the air.

"We like your friend," he lied. I wanted to believe him but something about the way he said it told me I couldn't; I saw him look into the top right hand corner of his eyes before saying it. 

"You're lying," I said.

"Okay fine! We just, you just interest us," he said, this time I could believe him.

"Who's us?" I asked him.

"Me, Calum... Luke," he replied. I groaned.

"Why do I interest you? Usually when I'm so mean to people they want to stay as far away as they can not get to know me more," I said.

"So you deliberately push people away?" Michael asked.

"That's not what I said."

"But you're not denying it," He continued to press me.

"Why are you interested in me? You didn't answer my question," I said quickly trying to change the subject of the conversation.

"You didn't answer mine," he repeated.

"Yes I did, I said I didn't say that. That is an answer, however you did not answer my question," I shot at him getting fed up of this petty arguing, if you could even call it that. Why couldn't they just leave. 

"You're not like anyone else here. You weren't interested in us just because we were new, you were just you the whole time, and 'you' are very hard to figure out. I guess we all just wanted to try and get to know you," he finally answered. His answer shocked me.

"Trust me Kaela is still trying to figure me out. I don't give in easily," I said jumping up.

"Well we don't either," he said shadowing my movements.

"Why do you keep saying we?" I asked as we started to walk towards the others.

"Because it's not just me that's interested."

After at least two hours of just sitting there wishing I could leave, Kaela finally noticed how uncomfortable I was. I had a few conversations with Ashton and Kaela but that's it, I had also got up and left many times just to be dragged back by a scornful best friend, so in the end I just put my head down and listened.

A/N: So what do you think of the characters so far? Please let me know, I'll always reply to any comment or question.