"it's called being nice." he said. "like you're ever nice to me." i scoffed. "that was when we first met." "yeah and a few weeks after that." i said with sarcasm. 

"and second of all i was playing, we're just friends."

after i said that i saw a hurt look in his eyes. "whatever." he said about to walk out the room. "where are you going?" i asked following him.

"why you so cOncErned." he mocked. i rolled my eyes. "because you've been acting weird these past few months."

"just drop it- it's not like you'd care anyway." he said lowly.  "i do care, that's why i'm bugging you!" i exclaimed.

"but you won't fucking understand!" he said turning back to me. "understand what nick? what is this about?" i asked. he tried to say something but then stopped. "oh, so now you can't even speak."

i gave him a look and scoffed. then i turned around to get my things and leave. as i was doing that he spinned me around so i was face to face with him. "n-"

"why do you think i fucking kissed you at the night of the party?" he asked just inches away from me. i tried to move but i was pinned down on the wall.

i tried to say something but couldn't.

"i kissed you because i fucking like you genesis, okay ? but maybe you can't just realize that through your thick ass head because you think i'm always playing games with you or because you're so busy talking to that gay ass nigga johnny or whoever the fuck he is. and you know i fucking hate expressing my feelings but you're making me. you're different. you got a nigga feeling some type of way. there's more to why i'm acting this way but i can't even tell you since you wanna start acting up. "

after he let all of that out, my mind immediately started to run wild. i stood there let everything sink in. i never thought someone like him would like someone like me.

i was surprised. but nothing came out of my mouth in response to everything he just told me. i felt bad.

"nahmir.." i started but got interrupted by my phone buzzing. it was from my mom. she wanted me home immediately. "i need to-" "leave right? go, i don't care." he said stepping away from me with an irritated look on his face.

i sighed and left.

-

| nahmir |

"that's fucked up bruh how you catching feelings like that when you just broke up with lulu," manny said to me as we were sitting on the couch. i exhaled and ran my hands through my dreads. "well she didn't have me feeling this way. and she cheated a lot." i said in response.

"but you cheated too".  "i was drunk that one night." "it still counts." i rolled my eyes. "and not only that, but she just left without saying anything. i don't know what i expected.." i told him. manny shrugged and then asked me something i didn't know the answer to. "do you want to be with her?"

i slumped in the couch and thought. "i don't know.  but i only want her rocking with me."

"well you gotta make up your mind." he told me. "why wasn't it like this with kennedy?" i asked. "y'all grew up together and y'all were best friends. ion think you'd think of kennedy like that."