▪️38▪️

a year later.

  | genesis |

"papa?" Kingston cried. i raised my eyebrows.

"don't say that shit again." i warned just as Zion & i stepped out of the our car. can't be going around saying no shit like that, know what i mean.

"man don't be cussin' at him , what's wrong with you." he rolled his eyes, shutting the door.

we made our way up Nahmir's driveway. i pressed the doorbell & the three of us waited a few seconds before the door flew open.

"are you..." "yes i'm her." i answered for the curly brown haired girl that answered the door. "Nahmir! she's here.." she moved aside, letting us all in.

"here, this way.." she motioned for us to follow her into his living room.

i looked around, the place still looked exactly how i remembered it. except the house was now empty.

usually Jay, Manny, & Zion of course , would be piled up on the couch playing video games. smoking, laughing, having fun.

but all of that ceased more than a while ago.

i put Kingston into my lap as Zion & i sat down on the bare couch. the girl walked past us, sitting on the opposite side of the room, different couch.

"can i get you guys anything to drink?" she shied but Zion refused.

"nah. we here fa one good reason."

we sat in silence for a few good minutes before footsteps made its noisy impact. we all turned our heads to the the kitchen.

"what erbody so quiet for? y'all could talk," Nahmir spoke. he made his way over to us, breaking the total silence.

there he was, right in front of me. the man i fell in love with almost three years ago. the man who got me pregnant & brought me my wonderful baby boy. the man who had promised me many things over the course of our relationship.

the same man who cheated on me, & refused to tell me who he cheated with. the man who lied to me & made everything come crashing down.

"sooo.. what's going on?" Nahmir asked sitting next to the mystery girl. Zion scoffed.

"tuh . nigga that's all you gotta say? yea , Genesis was right about you."

"nigga what the fuck is you talking bout? you ain't seen a nigga in basically a year & you coming to me with hostility. don't forget you in my fucking house." Nahmir raised his voiced.

'Glizzy' leaned back in his seat, nodding his head with a smirk that read that he was ready to go at it at any given time.

"baby please calm down.." the girl pulled Nahmir's arm. "baby??" i raised my eyebrows, speaking for the first time. that's when Nahmir finally made contact with me.

i stood up with my son in my hands. "who the fuck is this?"

"yo— nah chill out ," Zion stood up too wrapping his around me after he sensed my anger.