54. Epilogue Pt. III

Sansa/King's Landing
" The King has woken. The Grand Maester says that he should make a full recovery." Dickon said as he entered their chambers.

" Thank the Seven." Catelyn said relieved.

" Why would someone want to kill the King? He has done nothing wrong. He is kind, noble, and the common people love him. It just doesn't make sense." Robb asked his mother.

" Other people don't always see it that way, darling. They see an opportunity to weaken the kingdoms and attack them." Sansa answered truthfully.

The Lady of Horn Hill could recall a time when at least five people wanted King Robb dead. One of those people being her brother.

She understood someone might want the King dead but what she didn't understand was why it happened now.

King Robb was beloved by millions. None of the common people would dar harm him. His very presence brought the high lords to heel so they would never dare touch a hair on any of the royal family members' heads. The Essosi had been very warm to Westeros in recent years so they wouldn't really gain anything from the King's death.

So who?

" I bet it was the King's bastard sister that put the man up to it. She has always hated him even though he tried to invite her into his life." Eddard pointed out.

Mya Stone had gone from a sweet girl to a spiteful woman who envied her brother. She hated him because he had a name and title. Their father's name and title. It wouldn't suprise Sansa in the least if she had orchastrated the whole thing.

" Idle speculation gets us nowhere.  I am sure the King will bring the traitor before the court or torture it out of him. Either way, we will get our answer." Dickon said diplomatically.
" Boys, we should go and see if Lord Willas needs our help with comtrolling the crowd in court. Come."

The men of House Tarly left the women. Not two seconds after they left, did Margaery Tarly voice her opinion. She never liked to speak about gossip in front of her father and brothers.

" I heard that Prince Duncan has a new lover." she said in a whisper as if anyone would hear her.

" Oh, anyone we know." Catelyn asked not really caring about the piece of news.

" Prince Maeron Targaryen."

Catelyn stared at her sister with wide eyes. Sansa on the other hand knew that the Prince of the Flowers preferred the company of men.

She wasn't as blind to the preference as she had been when she was young.

" Girls, it isn't right that you should be gossiping about something that doesn't concern you. Now, why don't we see if we could get some get well gift for the King? Some roses, perhaps?" Sansa suggested as she stood to leave with her daughters following closely behind.

Robb/King's Landing
He felt like he had been tossed around in the gully of ship, hitting anything and everything. His bones ached him tremendously and his head felt like it might explode.

He scooted up the head board of his and Margaery's bed then took the water that his wife was holding out for him.

" No more jousting." she ordered pointedly.

He winced at the thought of not being able to compete in one of his favorite sports. Though, Margaery had a point. He was getting older and therefore wasn't the athlete he used to be. He decided it was better to quit while he still had a healthy body in working order.

" I know there is no point in arguing with you." he said after downing the glass of water. " How does it feel to married to an old man?"

She slapped his chest as he chuckled at his own self-depricating jape.