48. A Howling Wilderness

Robb/King's Landing
He wouldn't even look at his son. He knew it was wrong of him but he couldn't look Renly in the eyes while Margaery was clinging to life. They were supposed to share the joy of having another child together.

He had went to the Sept of Baelor everyday for a week just to get away from people. The would all say how sorry they were as if she was dead.

She was not dead. His love, his Queen, his rose was not dead.

The maesters told him that she was alive but barely. They said that she had conceived too early after the twins' birth and it took a toll on her body. They didn't know when or if she would recover.

He knelt in front of the Mother and clasped his hands together. He had never really believed in the Gods thanks to his Uncle Tyrion's cynicism but he would worship any god if they returned Margaery to him.

Suddenly, Robb heard the clinking of armor coming towards him.

" Robb... The Targaryen girl and Prince Jon are here. She wants to meet with you." his Uncle Jaime said resting his hand on the King's shoulder.

" Tell her to wait. I want to see Margaery first."

He practically sprinted to the Red Keep and to their private chambers.

When he entered the bedchamber, she was as white as a sheet, laying as still as his grandfather had but her chest would rise and fall ever so slightly.

He sat on the bed and grabbed her hand, pressing it to his lips.

" Please don't go. You are the light in my dark, dark world. Life without you is a desert, a howling wilderness. Our children need you. I need you. I need my Rose Queen. Please, please come back to me." he said with tears streaming down his face.

He felt her hand twitch inside his, then he felt her squeeze as if she was making sure that he was real. Her blue eyes fluttered open. He smiled and started breathing heavily at the fact that she was alive.

" Robb?" she asked with her voice hoarse.

" I'm here. I'm here." he said trying to gently prop her up on the pillows.

" Renly or Rose?"

" Renly. I'll send for him."

Robb quickly ran to the door and swung it open.

" Pod, go tell the royal family that the Queen is awake and very much alive. Lomys go fetch Prince Renly's nurses and tell them to bring him here. Uncle Jaime, go inform our guests that they will have to wait a little longer."

" Yes, Your Grace." they all said and bowed in unsion.

He quickly made his way back to Margaery's side and slipped his hand into her's once more.

" I thought I had lost you."

" Can't get rid of me that easily." she said with a light laugh.

" Never. The maesters say that this happened because you became with child too quickly after Lucan and Joanna's birth. They have told me that if it happens again that you will die. Which means you cannot conceive until after at least a year has passed." he explained.

" It will be hard, but I will do it."

" Daenerys is also here with Prince Jon. She wants to meet with me, but I told Uncle Jaime to tell her to wait. I want to be with you and our family right now."

" How long have I been out?" she asked rubbing her forehead.

" A week and three days."

Just then, the outer door opened for the nurses to come into the room. They set the bundle of blankets in Robb's arms and curtsied before leaving them alone. He was beautiful. He had blue eyes and dark hair. Unfortunately, Robb had been wrong. He was all Baratheon.