48. Releasing the Demon

Ollie laid across the couch wearily, his body feeling heavy and his inner wolf sleeping on him. His mind was constantly turning its wheels, trying to find some hidden clue that he might have missed. As soon as he heard that Julie was missing, he searched all day and night for her on Dresden's territory. Her own family searched his lands. Andy and Rose had split up into teams, searching the entire property - even miles away. He was too tired to continue but he knew Dresden wouldn't stop until it drove him mad and Zach wasn't any different.

He felt bad for his brother. He was in horrible shape, barely sleeping and not eating at all. Ollie's had to use his Alpha status over him more than once already to keep him alive but Zach was stubborn, refusing to do anything until he found his mate. And now, his little sister was missing too. Ollie knew what it was like to have a sister missing - it was horrible. But to have his mate missing at the same time? He can't even fathom how Dresden and Zach were even functioning.

As the morning sun slowly came to a rise, Ollie found himself with a desperate need to sleep but the ability to do so was long gone. His eyes were heavy and bloodshot and he was starting to lose feeling in his hands and his arms. But his mind was far too awake to let him rest. He was starting to think, with it being nearly two weeks, that he would never see Trisha again.

"Ollie!"

"Zach!"

He groaned, not wanting to hear even more bad news, covering his face with his hand. His wolf woke up and he felt a nagging responsbility to go see what all of the fuss was about.

"Ollie!"

"Ollie!"

His pack members shouted, every one of them sounding desperate and exasperated but excited nonetheless. A few others ran from down the stairs, telling at him to hurry up with thrilled expressions over their faces. Ollie felt his heart race and he shot up off the couch and headed towards the back of the house.

"Zach! Ollie!"

He opened the door and every thought he had, all of his stress disappeared instantly. In front of him, Paul and Christine walked towards the house. They eached helped a very weak Trisha, supporting her as she limped towards her home. Her dirty blonde hair was dirtier than before, ratting in knots over her shoulders. Her hazel eyes were disguised by dark circles hanging under them and her tanned skin had paled greatly. From this distance, he could see a few bruises but nothing to signify critical injuries. She looked so weak and tired. He could see how much trouble she was having staying awake.

He took off, a new adrenaline flowing through him and immediately pulled his sister into a hug. She cried in his arms, holding him tightly and mumbling how much she's missed him and how she's happy to see him. Ollie sensed Zach behind him and without a second though, handed Trisha over. As soon as their faces met each others, relief washed over them and a new life entered their eyes. Zach squeezed her so tightly against him. Ollie thought he may just kill Trisha for sure as the pack cheered her return. Ollie stayed still, observing the tears in Zach's eyes that were threatening to fall. He couldn't even see Trisha's face but he could hear her cries as she gripped Zach's shirt tightly, her knuckles turning white.

"Where did you find her?" He asked Paul. Paul, looking just as exhausted, shook his head with a shrug.

"She found us," He explained. "It was weird. One minute, we weren't catching anything and the next, we could smell her a mile away."

"When we found her, she was just about to fall over." Christine added, looking at Trisha with concern. "Ollie, she hasn't eaten for days."

Ollie looked back at his sister and caught Zach's eyes who was staring at them intently, listening in. A new fire showed in him, a look of anger and absolute hate. He picked up Trisha easily, cradling her in his arms and carrying her back to the house. The rest followed after them. Ollie shouted out orders, demanding some water and crackers and extra pillows and blankets for his sister. Zach laid her on the couch, kneeling by her side. His hand gripped hers, refusing to let go of her for even a quarter of a second while Ollie stood by, thankful that his sister had such a good mate.